Thread: Fasttrack Network Migrating To Pay-only Service?

Okay, I've read in various places that Sharman is either merging with or selling FT to another company who is going to make it a pay service. Has anyone else heard of any of this? Also, is there any way to see if your Kazaa Lite is one of the ones the RIAA distributed (I'm sure most of you have heard of this)? If you haven't, here's the summary...

"When you go to K-Lites offcial download pages to download K-Lite, you are sent to 3rd party HTTP and FTP servers to actually make the download. What you dont know is that most of those servers are actually RIAA!

Yes, this is a fact. The RIAA is more than willing to pay the high bandwidth prices to support those who download it.

The RIAA has taken Random Nuts source code of K-Lite and made versions of their own that send your IP address, Registry Settings, Hash Values, and a list of all of the files that you upload and download directly to the RIAA central servers at different inteverals." -Sharepro (ESV)
    This isn't Kazaa Lite's fault, but I was wondering if this will persuade KL to become closed source? It would be safer, though it would suck for the DEV aspect.
    [wes]

www.geeker.xs3.com

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    First, off KMD is just a greedy hog, at the moment if your a KL++ user it won't affect you.

Second, you appear to possibly be another ES5 troll, and if so FO. Nobody here gives a shit about anything that those liers at ES5, especially SharePro, have to say, at all, whatsoever.

Third, Read http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=71360.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by toymachine2k@7 November 2003 - 08:12
    Okay, I've read in various places that Sharman is either merging with or selling FT to another company who is going to make it a pay service. Has anyone else heard of any of this? Also, is there any way to see if your Kazaa Lite is one of the ones the RIAA distributed (I'm sure most of you have heard of this)? If you haven't, here's the summary...

"When you go to K-Lites offcial download pages to download K-Lite, you are sent to 3rd party HTTP and FTP servers to actually make the download. What you dont know is that most of those servers are actually RIAA!

Yes, this is a fact. The RIAA is more than willing to pay the high bandwidth prices to support those who download it.

The RIAA has taken Random Nuts source code of K-Lite and made versions of their own that send your IP address, Registry Settings, Hash Values, and a list of all of the files that you upload and download directly to the RIAA central servers at different inteverals." -Sharepro (ESV)
    This isn't Kazaa Lite's fault, but I was wondering if this will persuade KL to become closed source? It would be safer, though it would suck for the DEV aspect.
    [wes]

www.geeker.xs3.com
    K-lite is a hack of the kmd client, Random released the source code of the hack, k-lite developers dont have the original source code of the original client anyway so it closed sourced always has been.

As for that qoute thats aload of shit from sharepro of the ES5 PROGRAM
    Read what Random found in there program http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=71360

Sharepro has also ddos bittorent sites, physicaly threated Random and his family and so on

As for that news it's just a proposal that sharmans released and the k-lite program would work independently of the main fastrack network anyway,

But even if kazaa lite could be shut down which it cant, there are many better p2p apps to take its place.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by junkyardking@7 November 2003 - 00:31
    physicaly threated Random and his family and so on
    If you don't believe it...
    Read HERE for yourself.
    This was before it was edited...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    If you're using ES5, they'll trace your IP and sell it to the RIAA and MPAA. Just a friendly warning to the guy at the top who's obviously using that spyware infested bugware.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by junkyardking@7 November 2003 - 10:31
    K-lite is a hack of the kmd client, Random released the source code of the hack, k-lite developers dont have the original source code of the original client anyway so it closed sourced always has been.
    The K++ source code is K++ 2.0.2 or some very old (10+ months old) version. The reason I don't release it anymore is that SharePro admitted to having released his own trojan versions of K-Lite. I don't rememeber exactly what his trojan versions did but I remember him saying they sent something to a server of his choosing each time a user used his trojan. DoS attacking Bittorrent, putting malware in ES5, and uploading trojan K-Lites; SharePro sure is a friend of the p2p community, don't y'all agree? B) RIAA and MPAA, listen up, how come you haven't hired SharePro yet? He'd be a perfect employee!

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Forum Star
    First of all, Sharman Networks doesn't own the FastTrack network. Secondly, I don't think you should worry about the network being replaced by a pay service.

All downloads from the official site are clean versions. You can verify that with the provided MD5 checksums if you want.
    I have yet to find one of those RIAA distributed or altered versions. I doubt that they even exist. It is more likely to be one of SharePro's fairytales.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks, I'm not as worried anymore...

Second, you appear to possibly be another ES5 troll, and if so FO. Nobody here gives a shit about anything that those liers at ES5, especially SharePro, have to say, at all, whatsoever.
    No, I'm no ESV troll, I se it to stream the movies. I don't DL with it, cause there's no files on his network

Thanks for the input, guys.

[toymachine2k]