Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bittorent Question

I'm NOT turning it off!!! I have no idea what firewall i have since it was installed at the computer store, how do i open it to bitorrent?

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    muchspl2
    Originally posted by Rocktron@8 November 2003 - 09:51
    I have none of both.. No Firewall no AV. Never used them. Just a online virus checker.
    Works for me.
    just a matter of time before you got fucked with no vaseline

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2+8 November 2003 - 09:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (muchspl2 @ 8 November 2003 - 09:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Capitao70s@8 November 2003 - 09:18
    O.k i downloaded this version, but my status light is always yellow because of my firewall, how do i solve this problem?
    http://userpages.umbc.edu/~hamilton/btclientconfig.html [/b][/quote]
    very general link. I cant figure out how to config my firewall from that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    O.K.... from what i get i just need to know the bittorrent Port then I add it to the firewall entries. how do i check the bittorrent PORT number?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    muchspl2
    @alpha
    what kind of firewall do you have

@Capitao70s
    ports are 6881-6889 for ittorrent

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    In the client window when i click on "Prefs" it says that the port range is 6881 to 6999 (not 6889). is that wrong? I didn&#39;t chage anything. So does it means that i can just add any Port number between these numbers and it&#39;s gone work fine? or do i need a specific number?

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I&#39;ve come to relize that those behind routers may be better of using Shareaza BT client, it clearly seems to have less issues and IS faster since it dosen&#39;t, though I&#39;m still not sure why...

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Capitao70s@8 November 2003 - 09:55
    I have no idea what firewall i have since it was installed at the computer store, how do i open it to bitorrent?
    same problem here, i dont know firewall i have either. but since i get the yellow light and not so good speeds i guess i must have some sort of firewall.
    any ideas on how to figure out ones firewalls?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I tweaked away and have yet to get that yllow light to fk off, thats why I use Shareaza now...

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Originally posted by REALITY@8 November 2003 - 10:55
    I tweaked away and have yet to get that yllow light to fk off, thats why I use Shareaza now...
    Put your router in half bridge mode (bypass the router) and use a software firewall that what i did and now get the green light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast