Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I Would Like To Start Learning Programation.

I tried learning c++ a few months ago, but the main problem i had with the whole idea is what can i do with it? I can create programmes, but to do what?
    Can someone who knows what they're talking about plz explain the actual benefits of learning to programme, thanks, because i would love to learn it if i can make use of it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I want to learn so I can hopefully contribute to the devlopement of K-Lite one day.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Originally posted by jimmyfiend@8 November 2003 - 22:39
    I tried learning c++ a few months ago, but the main problem i had with the whole idea is what can i do with it? I can create programmes, but to do what?
    Can someone who knows what they're talking about plz explain the actual benefits of learning to programme, thanks, because i would love to learn it if i can make use of it.
    well...
    I am certainly not a motivational speaker telling people to learn how to program. We usually start with very basic programming all we do in school or teach ourselves. The actual programming you learn is when you see a need and design something for it. Forget about selling it but design something for which a need is there. You find it clumsy typing each of your url's you visit everyday then make a program click on which will do it for you and sign in your name/password. Do where you think you need a hand which saves time and gives you an edge.

When you are advanced enough, an idea would be enough for you to design something. You all start programming out of blue and realize later that what you made was beautiful. But before that lots of programming experience in required.
    One language is not enough. I started with BASIC (Beginners All Purpose symbolic instructional code). The people who have done will laugh with me for doing it. It was certainly too basic but the concept of loops and other small things you get from there. Ofcourse who can forget infinite goto's .
    C,C++, Java,Assembly language, Cgi,perl,html all came along. You just need a start the whole learning experience never ends.

Hope you get started
    I.am
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123