Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223

Thread: Which trackers you have been disabled/banned?

YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by soulreaper
    LOL@getting banned at its/ftwr/skittles(How did you get into ftwr and skittles? esp the latter,plz describe! ).
    lol, i had a lot of aliases/friends back then. 1 of those friends got me into ftwr, but i remember the whole place reeked of ego and lots of ppl were getting banned for stupid shit, so i didn't use the account. in b/t ftwr and skittles, an ex-ftn staffer created a secret website, but i forgot the name. i was invited there by a friend on ftn, but it died pretty quickly, maybe that's how skittles was formed, idk

i was invited to its b/c they liked my design work (sct, ftn, etc.), but they used to always threaten to ban me if i didn't design exactly what they wanted ... for free

there was a period after that where i was big into bt forums. on 1 forum, i worked my way up the ranks and then out of nowhere, the douche owner scammed a bunch of ppl out of invites and money, fst heard about it, and i guess someone, probably from ftwr, pointed the finger at me, even though i didn't do shit, so i was banned from a ton of websites b/c of that rumor (ftwr, its, etc.). later on, i read about skittles on fst, and got a friend to invite me there, but i guess they know how to track ips better than they know how to design a nice website

Sorry to hear about your Exigo account, thought you'd be more careful inviting ppl, what happened did the invitees cheat/trade?
    i think 1 of them tried to trade their account and the rest didn't use the account or just leeched (except funkin'). i always thought i was good at vetting ppl; most of the pms i got were full of tears and begging and shit, but a few ppl, who i thought were legit uploaders from pedro's wanted in, and ironically, those were the ppl that i guess fucked me over

LOL@inactivity at fsc and revolt, so much for an awesome community huh? What's up with revolt, do they even recruit anymore or is that site gonna be up for auction?
    hahaha, that's what i thought. fsc is probably still decent, but when i was active there, the community was cool and everything, but the website barely loaded and i got shit torrent speeds. i know they have a ton of bt vets there, but i never felt it was a good fit for me, so i just let my account die. i wonder if some of my good friends are still active there, though

revolt was shit, imo. nothing but 5 torrents w/ 0 seeders and a community that was barely active. i felt like all ppl posted there were recycled news articles, images from reddit, shitty youtube videos, etc. but back then, somehow if you talked about revolt, there was 0 zero chance you were ever getting in. why the fuck did we all fall for such a scam? bt hype at its very best, i guess

Congrats on getting back on Ftn, it's more than just a rare site isn't it?
    it's a great tracker and website, but i don't think it's that rare; then again, i've been out of the bt website chasing game for so long. now that sct is dead, ftn is 1 of the oldest bt websites, and for good reason, b/c the members are super cool and the staffers know what the fuck they're doing (unlike some of the aforementioned websites)

i think my account is almost 6 or so years old and i'm always thankful that i was allowed to stay

How come you didn't join uk-t? Too shitty for the great Thor?
    remember who you're talking to

i remember way back when, it was almost impossible to get invited there. do you remember that uk-t used to be called wheelmods? hahahahaha, the secret wheelmods website that was, like, level 11 or something. why was the website so hard to access? like some secret link or code or something! oh man, way too much security and look what happened

What about AOM, I remember AOM had these failed temporary signups and the most recent members joined with a lot of excitement only to find themselves banned by Jacqueline coz the open signup was a result of the site malfunctioning. LOL!
    i never bought into aom, but i read about that bitch banning a shitload of ppl b/c of that! that was so funny and caused so much uproar, it totally made for some really juicy posts

Thanks for sharing details, you're one of the guys of the old times(when this section and the trades section was more fun than regular torrent site forums,remember Shalafi,SgtMajor,grimms,squirrel and that ftwr giveaway, boy that was quite a sight wasn't it? Do you also recall the crazy Ftn requests in the invites section, yea those days were sweet). Trading took a big hit when iTS came on the scene, the anti-trading sentiment was at an all time high, not sure iTS deserved all the press it was getting.
    so many good memories. countless bt websites coming to fst and us tearing them apart w/ invite/account trading, levels, reviews, etc. i loved playing cowboy for being super against trading, when in the end, it was such bullshit. the ftwr giveaway was insane, ppl who had ftn invites were treated like gods, crazy trades going down, level hoarding madness, secret bt forums like bcc, staff busts, website closures, crazy hype, etc.

here's 1 story; i got a bunch of them. back in the sct days, i worked on a website that a few ex-sct uploaders started, called mybytes. i met a bunch of ex-uploaders that had all these horror stories about feeling. as a dumb joke, i told my inviter that the uploaders should kick feeling's ass or something. the very next day, this guy sent me photos of feeling, a satellite photo of his house, e-mail addresses, aliases he used in the scene, all this delicate and super personal shit; he wanted me to start some kind of attack website against feeling and ultimately his goal was to take sct down completely. i got so nervous that i bailed from that website and didn't use my sct account for almost 3 weeks for fear of a permaban

good times!

2. BitTorrent   -   #222
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    lol, i had a lot of aliases/friends back then. 1 of those friends got me into ftwr, but i remember the whole place reeked of ego and lots of ppl were getting banned for stupid shit, so i didn't use the account. in b/t ftwr and skittles, an ex-ftn staffer created a secret website, but i forgot the name. i was invited there by a friend on ftn, but it died pretty quickly, maybe that's how skittles was formed, idk
    Skittles was formed by a group of 8 people from ftwr including M4rduk and Ven0m, I know this because I was one of the 8 people. Skittles had nothing to do with FtN or any other torrent site, and in fact was anti anything 0day, files had to have been released for at least 6 weeks before they were allowed on the tracker. But then Skittles was only ever an experiment, and never really went past the beta stage.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #223
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You wouldn't believe how much respect I just lost for you.I'm willing to overlook all that though if you promise to invite me to your next secret special cool place run by conceited dimwits.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #224
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You wouldn't believe how much respect I just lost for you.I'm willing to overlook all that though if you promise to invite me to your next secret special cool place run by conceited dimwits.
    Sadly that wasn't the intent, the fact that it later became 'supercool' was simply because it had a limited membership, not because of any intent to be 'supercool' but because the concept was never finalised, and therefore was a beta test. I can understand your loss of respect given that Skittles turned out to be the high on the list of supersecret must get into or die trackers, but the intention when it was created and which I was a part of was quite different. Unfortunately the best of intentions can be perverted, after a few months I thought they were being complete dicks and ceased having anything to do with the site.

p.s. not to mention it had the most hideous stylesheet evar!!!!!

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #225
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    l...friends....!
    Just to be clear,none of those people were actually your friends and you were not really a friend to any of those people.
    I think your post makes that pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Sadly that wasn't the intent, the fact that it later became 'supercool' was simply because it had a limited membership, not because of any intent to be 'supercool' but because the concept was never finalised, and therefore was a beta test. I can understand your loss of respect given that Skittles turned out to be the high on the list of supersecret must get into or die trackers, but the intention when it was created and which I was a part of was quite different. Unfortunately the best of intentions can be perverted, after a few months I thought they were being complete dicks and ceased having anything to do with the site.
    I hope that isn't a "no" to the future invite thing.Not all of us are older and wiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    p.s. not to mention it had the most hideous stylesheet evar!!!!!
    I think stylesheets and so happily by association, th0r are/is stupid.
    I'm willing to defend that view at least about th0r too.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-05-2014 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. BitTorrent   -   #226
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3

i was invited to its b/c they liked my design work (sct, ftn, etc.), but they used to always threaten to ban me if i didn't design exactly what they wanted ... for free

there was a period after that where i was big into bt forums. on 1 forum, i worked my way up the ranks and then out of nowhere, the douche owner scammed a bunch of ppl out of invites and money, fst heard about it, and i guess someone, probably from ftwr, pointed the finger at me, even though i didn't do shit, so i was banned from a ton of websites b/c of that rumor (ftwr, its, etc.). later on, i read about skittles on fst, and got a friend to invite me there, but i guess they know how to track ips better than they know how to design a nice website

Sorry to hear about your Exigo account, thought you'd be more careful inviting ppl, what happened did the invitees cheat/trade?
    i think 1 of them tried to trade their account and the rest didn't use the account or just leeched (except funkin'). i always thought i was good at vetting ppl; most of the pms i got were full of tears and begging and shit, but a few ppl, who i thought were legit uploaders from pedro's wanted in, and ironically, those were the ppl that i guess fucked me over

LOL@inactivity at fsc and revolt, so much for an awesome community huh? What's up with revolt, do they even recruit anymore or is that site gonna be up for auction?
    hahaha, that's what i thought. fsc is probably still decent, but when i was active there, the community was cool and everything, but the website barely loaded and i got shit torrent speeds. i know they have a ton of bt vets there, but i never felt it was a good fit for me, so i just let my account die. i wonder if some of my good friends are still active there, though

revolt was shit, imo. nothing but 5 torrents w/ 0 seeders and a community that was barely active. i felt like all ppl posted there were recycled news articles, images from reddit, shitty youtube videos, etc. but back then, somehow if you talked about revolt, there was 0 zero chance you were ever getting in. why the fuck did we all fall for such a scam? bt hype at its very best, i guess

Congrats on getting back on Ftn, it's more than just a rare site isn't it?
    it's a great tracker and website, but i don't think it's that rare; then again, i've been out of the bt website chasing game for so long. now that sct is dead, ftn is 1 of the oldest bt websites, and for good reason, b/c the members are super cool and the staffers know what the fuck they're doing (unlike some of the aforementioned websites)

i think my account is almost 6 or so years old and i'm always thankful that i was allowed to stay

How come you didn't join uk-t? Too shitty for the great Thor?
    remember who you're talking to

i remember way back when, it was almost impossible to get invited there. do you remember that uk-t used to be called wheelmods? hahahahaha, the secret wheelmods website that was, like, level 11 or something. why was the website so hard to access? like some secret link or code or something! oh man, way too much security and look what happened

What about AOM, I remember AOM had these failed temporary signups and the most recent members joined with a lot of excitement only to find themselves banned by Jacqueline coz the open signup was a result of the site malfunctioning. LOL!
    i never bought into aom, but i read about that bitch banning a shitload of ppl b/c of that! that was so funny and caused so much uproar, it totally made for some really juicy posts

Thanks for sharing details, you're one of the guys of the old times(when this section and the trades section was more fun than regular torrent site forums,remember Shalafi,SgtMajor,grimms,squirrel and that ftwr giveaway, boy that was quite a sight wasn't it? Do you also recall the crazy Ftn requests in the invites section, yea those days were sweet). Trading took a big hit when iTS came on the scene, the anti-trading sentiment was at an all time high, not sure iTS deserved all the press it was getting.
    so many good memories. countless bt websites coming to fst and us tearing them apart w/ invite/account trading, levels, reviews, etc. i loved playing cowboy for being super against trading, when in the end, it was such bullshit. the ftwr giveaway was insane, ppl who had ftn invites were treated like gods, crazy trades going down, level hoarding madness, secret bt forums like bcc, staff busts, website closures, crazy hype, etc.

here's 1 story; i got a bunch of them. back in the sct days, i worked on a website that a few ex-sct uploaders started, called mybytes. i met a bunch of ex-uploaders that had all these horror stories about feeling. as a dumb joke, i told my inviter that the uploaders should kick feeling's ass or something. the very next day, this guy sent me photos of feeling, a satellite photo of his house, e-mail addresses, aliases he used in the scene, all this delicate and super personal shit; he wanted me to start some kind of attack website against feeling and ultimately his goal was to take sct down completely. i got so nervous that i bailed from that website and didn't use my sct account for almost 3 weeks for fear of a permaban

good times!
    That was a great read,thanks for sharing. Pretty crazy, the feeling story. Yea, feeling didn't seem very helpful when sct members complained on fst, guy had a great sense of humour though.
    Last edited by soulreaper; 01-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #227
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    soulreaper, it's your turn to share some more stories

8. BitTorrent   -   #228
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    You can't get disabled from Demonoi for inativity

9. BitTorrent   -   #229
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by dion09529 View Post

You forgot to add
    Please don't bump (very) old threads for no decent reason. Closed.

yo

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223