Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast

Thread: AOM's recruit site (wtf??)

Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    aomk11.jpg

So, which one of your ad machines is this from?
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-31-2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    The only thing I have to say atm, is wow.
    And people thought Brandon vs. Feeling was fun.
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    The only thing I have to say atm, is wow.
    And people thought Brandon vs. Feeling was fun.
    Am I overreacting?
    Think 9 is the new 10.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post
    Am I overreacting?
    Honestly, yes and no. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, and obviously your history goes back with CHEEKY to things other people don't know about; you'd be but a fool to not react given the opportunity. At the same time, you are overreacting considering he's the equivalent of a fifth grader sticking his fingers in his ears and screaming "lalalalala". Nothing you say will amount to anything, change his opinion, or get him to stop bastardizing upstanding verbs in use at this board, like "trading". He thinks he's right, you know he cannot be if he's acting this way; neither of you will stand down, but both of you are getting worked up over something that will clearly remain unresolved.
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Am I overreacting?
    Honestly, yes and no. You're obviously entitled to your opinion, and obviously your history goes back with CHEEKY to things other people don't know about; you'd be but a fool to not react given the opportunity. At the same time, you are overreacting considering he's the equivalent of a fifth grader sticking his fingers in his ears and screaming "lalalalala". Nothing you say will amount to anything, change his opinion, or get him to stop bastardizing upstanding verbs in use at this board, like "trading". He thinks he's right, you know he cannot be if he's acting this way; neither of you will stand down, but both of you are getting worked up over something that will clearly remain unresolved.
    Oh, to be clear, I have no delusion that I will change him, I merely want it as well known as possible how dangerous this guy really is, and to try to prevent people from risking their personal information should they fail to live up to CHEEKY's ridiculous standards. He's demonstrated many times that he has no qualms with posting anyone he thinks is screwing him's personal info, and in fact posts the personal info of the sysop of AOM on a regular basis.

I am actually quite surprised that more people aren't aghast at those points. He logs ip addresses on sites that are not his, and then posts those ip's on publicly viewable websites. That is the HEIGHT of unsafe behaviour, but I guess not many care nearly as much about security as they profess to. On top of that, he has several magic related sites so he can cross reference ip's to see if people are taking a file, from his site... to his site? WTF?
    Think 9 is the new 10.

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    MODERATION
    Am I overreacting?
    Great someone who sees the facts at last

Ill say it again :-
    We are not looking for an opinion, or users like you who blabber rubbish
    Its up to everyone to make there own mind up, and if they want to trade with us, then theres nothing you can do about it :-

Whatever we decide to do, YOU, or no 1 can do nothing to stop it, all we care about is magic traders with original new files that can help us grow
    Not users like you with nothing to give, and only leech what you can get for your own copy inadiquate magic sites, that are built on our files anyway in the 1st place

WE WANT good users with files not found anywhere else on the net, we dont care if you got 100.000 gigs, or terrabytes of magic, because if its on AOM, MT, NEO, EXO, FTB, then we have it already, and wont need it
    We want users who trade, and have files that are rare like us at AOMK, and if you cant bring that to AOMK, then stop crying, and move on with yourself
    Come back when you get a job, and buy something to trade
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-31-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: removed the link

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    A pm I just got from Mr. CHAP:

Quote Originally Posted by CHEEKYCHAP
    move on mate, you are wasting your time, AOM, and all the copy sites are finished,
    im opening loads of free magic sites, and posting all AOM staff members ips to ban
    Is this a guy who belongs in any torrent tracker?
    Think 9 is the new 10.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Well, his behavior is appalling, but nothing you do or say will change his behavior. He will continue endangering people that play into his game, to the point where it becomes survival of the fittest. People silly enough to cross a person known for publicly posting IPs will reap what they will sow, and he will eventually piss the wrong person off (say you or myself) and they will do the same unto him (I honestly don't understand the tolerance of the AoM staff).

People like him usually run their own heads into the ground when they act the way that they do. For now nothing can be done but standing back, and throwing the occasional warning to people you can help. Everyone understands that his little spiel about being around for 5-10 years isn't true, given the way that he's handling things. I even bet you he won't make it past the end of the world.
    Ellipses go here.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    That's because it'll only look like the end of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Ringhunter
    (I honestly don't understand the tolerance of the AoM staff).
    Well, when I first ran into CHEEKY at a now defunct forum, it was a thread much like this, but with me being my normal civil self. I asked him questions about his claims, to which he responded, immediately, that I was a staffer at AOM and following him around trying to fuck up his mojo. He even started listing names trying to guess which one I was, despite my repeated assurance that I am not a staffer there. That was about three pages into that thread. I started doing some research of my own, as I take integrity claims against others seriously, and like to know as much as possible before passing judgment. I wnet to a couple magic, non-filesharing oriented communities, and read through everything, including him threatening people, their families, their finances, and their freedom. He admitted to having had and continuing to seek accounts at AOM(yes, he asked people to trade him their active AOM account for an account at his tracker for a while), for the expressed purpose of spamming their site and creating chaos for them. He has impersonated their staffers at sites he has created, he has impersonated their staff at forums around the internet, he has tasked people with intentionally stealing files from AOM, to get an invite to his site, then bitches about them stealing files from him.

When I asked, still civilly, about that stuff, he admitted it readily and compounded his already committed acts with more threats about what he was going to do in the future. The next 14 pages of that thread(which included him posting ip addresses) were filled with some of the most disturbing behavior I have seen online, and I have seen people be pretty fucking shitty in this realm.

The end result of all that, is that I came to the conclusion that he has hounded these folks at AOM for SO LONG, that they haven't any idea how to deal with him. This is 3-4 years of this they have dealt with, so I can guess they have exhausted all the options they have, would entertain, probably because they still have scruples. Good on them for being sooooooooo tolerant of this guy is what it boils down to.
    Last edited by Intr4ns1t; 01-31-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    Think 9 is the new 10.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEEKYCHAP
    move on mate, you are wasting your time, AOM, and all the copy sites are finished,
    im opening loads of free magic sites, and posting all AOM staff members ips to
    Two simple simple questions:

With all the other babbling you've been doing why didn't you have the balls to post that particular statement in open forum ?

and

What the fuck is wrong with you ? Get hit the head by a trapdoor or something?

Wait that's three .

Anyway still it's nice to know that there are people out there even more tedious than myself .

Btw if any staff want to arbitrarily close another bt section thread for being silly and pointless this would probably be a very good place to start.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-31-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567891656 ... LastLast