Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be?

justinius23's Avatar Poster
    best thread on the internet.
    you look like i need a drink....

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Why are things in the bittorrent world more complicated than they should be? Why don't private trackers have a permanent open sign-up? Why do people sometimes get banned from trackers, if we all want one thing, just to get along? All that we want is to download something, upload something, and interact with people that are on bittorrent trackers. We want to be accepted; we want to be treated well; we want respect from others. We also want to treat others the way they want to be treated themselves. We don't want to be hurt; we don't want to hurt others; all we want is just to have fun. Why can't we just try to understand each other? What is it that divides us?
    In one word, 'stupidity'.

Why aren't there open signups? Stupidity.

Why do people get banned from trackers. Stupdity.

Why don't we all get along. Stupidity.

Why don't we download, upload and get along. Stupidity.

Why don't we get respect from others. Stupidity.

Why do we get hurt? Stupidity.

Why can't we have fun? Stupidity.

What divides us? Stupidity.

In short, there are stupid people in the world, from the stupid person who leeches but does not seed, to the stupid person who opens multiple accounts and tries to sell them, to the stupid person who thinks everyone else is stupid, and treats them as such, to the stupid person who executes their own civilians, and thinks everyone loves them.

Some people call it greed, but I call it stupidity, because to be intelligent is to accept others, regardless of their drawbacks, for what they are.

Stupid people wage war, and use others to do their fighting (they are stupid because they don't know human worth). The intelligent person will look at a peaceful approach, or use a method that will minimise human loss.

Remember that each and every one of us has a life. That life is precious, and we don't need stupid people trying to snuff that life out, which includes practically all our leaders.

Maybe when the world has changed, and the people in power respect that each and every one of us has a god given right to live on this planet peacefully, then maybe you will see open signup trackers where people don't get banned and everyone gets along.

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    Intr4ns1t's Avatar Pro-antinegativist BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

In short, there are stupid people in the world, from the stupid person who leeches but does not seed, to the stupid person who opens multiple accounts and tries to sell them, to the stupid person who thinks everyone else is stupid, and treats them as such, to the stupid person who executes their own civilians, and thinks everyone loves them.

Some people call it greed, but I call it stupidity, because to be intelligent is to accept others, regardless of their drawbacks, for what they are.

Stupid people wage war, and use others to do their fighting (they are stupid because they don't know human worth). The intelligent person will look at a peaceful approach, or use a method that will minimise human loss.

Remember that each and every one of us has a life. That life is precious, and we don't need stupid people trying to snuff that life out, which includes practically all our leaders.

Maybe when the world has changed, and the people in power respect that each and every one of us has a god given right to live on this planet peacefully, then maybe you will see open signup trackers where people don't get banned and everyone gets along.
    Isn't your post a demonstration of what you are railing against at the end? I am not trying to be a troll either, but your post, while I tend to agree with most of it, is a pretty ironic battle between what you would like to see from the entire world, and you being just that very same self oriented, judgmental type you rally against at the end. You're, in essence, labeling everyone who ever gets banned as stupid, yet I know that most people who get banned, statistically(globally, not specific to your tracker) are inactive, not malcontents or actively "bad" individuals.

My point being, while I would love to see the world exactly as you describe it, how can it become that way when you also frame that argument with an example of that exceptional-ism that has infected world government, so all pervasively? Just some food for thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint
    Think 9 is the new 10.

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Intr4ns1t View Post

Isn't your post a demonstration of what you are railing against at the end? I am not trying to be a troll either, but your post, while I tend to agree with most of it, is a pretty ironic battle between what you would like to see from the entire world, and you being just that very same self oriented, judgmental type you rally against at the end. You're, in essence, labeling everyone who ever gets banned as stupid, yet I know that most people who get banned, statistically(globally, not specific to your tracker) are inactive, not malcontents or actively "bad" individuals.

My point being, while I would love to see the world exactly as you describe it, how can it become that way when you also frame that argument with an example of that exceptional-ism that has infected world government, so all pervasively? Just some food for thought.
    The whole point of my drive is that there are people who disrespect others. Regardless of whether they order us to war, or leech yet not seed.

In my time, I have released my own source to a number of people. While most have shown the respect for the effort I made in implementing the script, a few have disrespected me by publishing my scripts as their own work. This happens all the time. It is one thing to copy something, but to actually claim ownership of something you never created is sheer ludicrousness.

But, otherwise, I totally agree with everything you say...

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    [QUOTE=TheFoX;3564544]
    In my time, I have released my own source to a number of people. While most have shown the respect for the effort I made in implementing the script, a few have disrespected me by publishing my scripts as their own work. This happens all the time. It is one thing to copy something, but to actually claim ownership of something you never created is sheer ludicrousness.
    I've commented on this scenario before, but I'll say it again here. If someone takes my script and settings, calls it their own, I'm fine with that. Sure I've worked hard to tweak it that way, but I'd rather spread something that works and is good (or rather great), even without getting credit, then having trash all over the place out there. I'm speaking hypothetically of course.

6. BitTorrent   -   #116

The whole point of my drive is that there are people who disrespect others. Regardless of whether they order us to war, or leech yet not seed.

But, otherwise, I totally agree with everything you say...
    A crime of any degree is still a crime? An interesting argument, considering the field we work in I know what you mean, don't get me wrong, it is a problem/paradox. Especially in regards to the whole issue of "ownership." I know I am always very apprehensive about posting anything I write for writing's sake, as I do worry about plagiarism, but I would also have to feel a sense of the pride that mjmacky alludes to, at the fact that someone would regard my work enough to call it their own. I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.

The bigger issues are the definition of "mine" in each individual, and our personal standard for "stupid." Personally, I very much embrace the belief that we all, every last stupid one of us, have individual merits that make us worth something, in some niche, somewhere, if we are willing to look for and accept it when we see it. But, many people get caught up in that eternal struggle to expand the boundaries of that "mine" and get away from their natural aptitudes.

Maybe. Haven't really thought too much about it.
    Think 9 is the new 10.

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.
    Penthouse forum is probably a very intimidating place .
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I've only ever posted any of my creative writing on two sites, and I still thought very long(and I mean months) before doing so.
    Penthouse forum is probably a very intimidating place .
    And critics are a dime a dozen
    Think 9 is the new 10.

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    and opinions are like...

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    is this thread done ?
    all drama over ?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast