Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Advanced Irc Leeching

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    evey one know if resume from same bot we never get corrupted file thats not big deal, not getting corrupted files resuming from diffrent bot that main thing

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #32
    muchspl2
    correct, and if its just a bad rar file, jump on a news group and grab a par file, problem fixed
    a par file will replace any bad rar, ANY
    just need to get a par file for the cd, cause they're par files for cd1/cd2/cd3

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #33
    any FREE newsgroup

and the file was .tar

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #34
    well, i'm sorry then.. but if the other bot has a different file, there's not much you can do as far as i know

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #35
    Its me again

IS there any way to know for how much time a Bot will be online? cuz allways when downloading large file before they finish's the Bot goes offline or the packet is removed

Benjamen button

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #36
    sorry, Im afraid it's one of IRC's shortcomings..

that's why unless something is extremely urgent to me (like eps of angel.. bahh i cant wait), i just emule it.. can't be bothered with bots, the mule might be slow but it always gets the job done with no hassle B)

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #37
    Pluthora
    Seems theres many ways to download off irc because, theres a cool http and, ftp script for mIRC. Now Iroffer, That Smokes Downloads Fast.
    Anyone got a kazza script for mirc?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #38
    Kazaa script for mIRC?! And what do you think the function of the script it going to be. You can't compare HTTP, FTP, and Kazaa in the same group. What are these HTTP and FTP scripts you are talking about? I think you may be mistaken about what you're actually doing, so please give me a chance to correct you, or maybe I'll learn something I didn't know.

Stephen

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #39
    /remote off?
    That's okay for just grabbing a file in one of them "happy peaceful" channels on them "friendly peaceful" networks, but don't be using that on just any network....
    It'll come back to bite you in the nuts if ya do... heh....
    there's always some lamer who will abuse that if you're using a script that has some decent protections worked into the remotes, and most of them don't even need a reason to be complete and utter buttbugs.

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #40
    huh? why use any script, this guide is for the default client. and i don't really understand what you're saying, how exactly can it be abused?

all i know i once got into a channel and was kicked immediately, this repeated a couple of times until i asked someone he said type /remote off and it worked perfectly. so this is basically the only reason it's there..

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast