Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why I Feel That Console Gaming Is Better Then Pc

I think PC gaming is probably better, but console gaming is just easier.

Too many times I've been in the middle of a Pc game only to have it crash my piece of crap computer. I'd much rather just play on a console system where you don't have to worry about it crashing or whether or not your system has enough RAM.

2. Games   -   #42
    Theres ONE FACT that SHUT THE FUCKs UP PC GAMERS.And yes, I am a PC Gamer, and it DID SHUT MY FUCK UP.
    When DOOM 3 came out, my Geforce 4 TI4600 i bought 6 months back for a huge fortune couldnt cope with it.I bought the Geforce 6600 PCI-X recently to play the game
    And then one fine day, DOOM3 came out for stinkingly cheap X-BOX.And it looked AWESOME!
    I hate my PC, and i wanna return my Graphic Card

3. Games   -   #43
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    umm yeah I wondered how this had that many replies already then i seen that this thread is 2 years old ...

anyway PC is better you can patch things up you can download stuff free no modding using mouse is better to shoot then a stupid right analog stick.

things can be fixed once on disk its fucked better graphics better speed

everything

so mikael_schiffe i have no idea why you bumped this maybe to stir trouble or im guessing your a well known member
    Last edited by Adster; 07-04-2005 at 01:04 PM.

4. Games   -   #44
    Poster
    Well considering the GF4 came out in what, 2002? Do you really expect it to play the latest games?
    I've got a Radeon 9700 Pro which is old by top end gamers standards but it still manages to own anything my PS2 or Xbox can put out.
    I wasn't going to buy it in the first place, so me downloading it for free isn't losing them any money.

5. Games   -   #45
    Lick My Lovepump
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    See, you're a moron... You cannot make an intelligable comment... Stop blaming the controllers, that's the biggest exscuse you console-haters come up with... Do you own any consoles? You get used to the controls... If you can't then you have carpal tunnel syndrome... You can buy the smaller Xbox S Controller, or get the the Triscenian Chaos adapter which allows you to use PS2 or Dreamcast Controllers... The default controllers for Xbox are awesome, I got used to them the second I touched them. And Halo is not the only good game.

Splinter Cell
    Silent Hill 2
    Hitman 2
    Shenmue
    Dead To Rights
    Fatal Frame

etc.

And by the way, when you play on a 150cm screen, nothing beats those graphics. Ign even gave Halo on PC lower points for graphics then the Xbox version.

The main reason I play games is because it acts as an interactive movie. I like games because of the storyline and fun... I can't stand playing games with no storyline against other people.

Edit: Sorry Stonecold! Not you! I'm talking about JoeyIpod, who's trying to make himself feel good by bashing consoles because he doesn't have one and will never be able to play revolutionary games the way they should be played!
    Bigger screen makes for worse, not better, graphics. Unless the resolution can match the size of the screen, pixels will become blocks. PC gaming is in a different league to console gaming.
    Experimental releases always on consoles? Thats retarded, console games are MADE on PCs. The first FPS was on...... PC, I could go down a looooooong list of genres created/perfected on the PC.
    The graphics aren't better, full stop. I agree that they are fairly good for what they are (733mhz celeron Xbox matching a 1.5ghz or so PC), but the graphics on the Xbox Doom 3 come no way close to a properly equipped PC.
    The screen sizes.... I'd rather play a game at high resolution on a 19" monitor than at 640x480 on a low rez TV, the fonts are totally unreadable, enemies on a horizon are incomprehensible blobs.
    If consoles are better than PCs, why are console manufacturers trying to incorporate more PC like functions; online gaming, DVD/video playback, wireless functionality...
    Having games released first doesn't really make much of a difference to the machine and its quality, it just means Sony or Microsoft with their software licensing for consoles will pay a few million to have it exclusively console so they'll make a bunch more money.

I semi-agree with the painting/music comment, but in most respects it'd probably be better explained by comparing consoles to Windows and PCs to Linux.

And at half your other comments, you don't own a PC decent enough to enjoy the games, so your opinion is not allowed.

(Hitman 2 is hardly a revolutionary game, its fun but the same problems and almost exactly the same gameplay as the first one. Thats evolution baby. It had a simultaneous PC/console release, the PC looked and played better (you seriously can't aim a mouse with a sniper rifle, its akin to using a keyboard to drive a car)

6. Games   -   #46
    Lick My Lovepump
    Oh, I forgot to mention what I thought was the most idiotic comment in this thread, by Vamp.

Halo got a higher graphics score on console than it did on PC...

Idiot.

Of course a top of the line release on what at the time was the most powerful machine going, rivalling PCs, will get a higher score FOUR YEARS AGO than it would as a non-imrpoved port of a 4 year old out of date (graphically) console game.

Oh, and you consolers can go suck my Far Cry. I own an Xbox, but still.... HAH.

EDIT: Double post, meh. I forgot the edit feature, thing.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; 07-04-2005 at 06:45 PM.

7. Games   -   #47
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    if a game gets a lower score for graphics on pc than it did on console, that means the PC is capable of better graphics than the console

i'd disagree about consoles getting all the original games too. as far as i know console homebrew is a myth. i know of a good few home-made PC games and mods though.

8. Games   -   #48
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    I'm old school so graphics don't mean much to me. It is nice when a game has good visuals but it will always be gameplay that makes it for me. Which is why I'd choose a PC over a console any day of the week, for the sheer variety of games I can play. From the "big" commercial games like GTA:SA and Doom 3 to the freeware games like Stick RPG to the vast range of abandonware games hosted at places like The Underdogs.

Plus I've never liked gaming with a pad, modding my console smacks of effort and I defiently can't afford to be paying for games.

9. Games   -   #49
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hey cheese you realise your withchese account ahs dropped to 9997 posts

and this thread is 3 years old people do know that dont they?

10. Games   -   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    modding my console
    You have a console but no TV

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast