Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Of You Heard Of The Phantom Games Console?

Poster
    http://www.infiniumlabs.com/intro.html

Going to be around 7 times as powerful as Xbox
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    sounds like a scam. or it's for real, but it's gonna flop. that whole angle about having to be on broadband, having to subscribe to a service, having to download games from Infinium, and having to be connected to the company's server just for the machine to even function... it all adds up to a really poor idea. if Infinium goes out of business, the Phantom machine won't even be playable anymore-- that's ridiculous.

not to mention that the console market traditionally has only been able to support 2 systems at a time. all throughout the 80s & 90s there was a pattern where 2 systems at a time would be successful, and other ones would fail. right now there are 3. Gamecube & Xbox have had a pretty rough time competing with PS2, so it's hard to imagine that there'd be enough room in the market for a 4th system.

even though Infinium is starting to sound more like a legitimate company than it used to, i still can't get rid of the impression i had early on that they were actually just planning to round up some corporate investors, get their money, and disappear.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    its a freakin PC in a wierd box. its gonna Flop like a fish out of water. and that broadband thing wont work well. unless they plan on compressing the game files down to around 100 MB's

4. Games   -   #4
    Originally posted by Pitbul@9 November 2003 - 01:48
    its a freakin PC in a wierd box. its gonna Flop like a fish out of water. and that broadband thing wont work well. unless they plan on compressing the game files down to around 100 MB's
    yeah its gonna flop mainly because of the price... i do like the idea and design of it but it just wont work

5. Games   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    good point about there not being enough room, i actually buy new gamecube games in a vain attempt to keep them in business

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by TheDave@9 November 2003 - 01:53
    good point about there not being enough room, i actually buy new gamecube games in a vain attempt to keep them in business
    your gonna have to buy more than a couple games.. maybe if you go down to gamestop and buy every game they got then go to blockbuster and rent everyone they got it should help

7. Games   -   #7
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1+9 November 2003 - 01:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stonecoldfreak1 @ 9 November 2003 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave@9 November 2003 - 01:53
    your gonna have to buy more than a couple games.. maybe if you go down to gamestop and buy every game they got then go to blockbuster and rent everyone they got it should help [/b][/quote]
    i know, its purely psychological. i think were gonna just scrape through till the N5 then just scrape through again

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by TheDave+9 November 2003 - 02:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TheDave @ 9 November 2003 - 02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@9 November 2003 - 01:59
    <!--QuoteBegin-TheDave
    @9 November 2003 - 01:53

your gonna have to buy more than a couple games.. maybe if you go down to gamestop and buy every game they got then go to blockbuster and rent everyone they got it should help
    i know, its purely psychological. i think were gonna just scrape through till the N5 then just scrape through again [/b][/quote]
    mmmm N5 B)

9. Games   -   #9
    if i remember from reading about the phantom in megagames... its suppose to be a new system that has a modem or something and you have to download games to play it...

10. Games   -   #10
    Originally posted by Soul814@9 November 2003 - 02:58
    if i remember from reading about the phantom in megagames... its suppose to be a new system that has a modem or something and you have to download games to play it...
    yeah they are gonna put up a shop to download the games along with download them to rent and they delete themselves after a period of time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast