Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you listen to music in a language you didn't understand?

Yeah as long as the music is gud language doesnt matter...that is what I feel atleast

2. Music   -   #122
    I don't go out of my way to listen to music in other languages, but if I come across it and it sounds good, I'll listen. During high school I was into Rammstein. I didn't know what they were saying, but I liked the way it sounded. It encouraged me to go and learn a tiny bit of German. I don't remember the translations now but I remember a tiny bit of lyrics.

3. Music   -   #123
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhat View Post
    I don't go out of my way to listen to music in other languages, but if I come across it and it sounds good, I'll listen. During high school I was into Rammstein. I didn't know what they were saying, but I liked the way it sounded. It encouraged me to go and learn a tiny bit of German. I don't remember the translations now but I remember a tiny bit of lyrics.
    Rammstein is a great example of a band that made international crossover. I think largely their success was due to Germans sounding angry and many kids need to express their pent up hostilities. Now we need a band that looks and sounds cool, edgy, and badass, but really translates into "I LOVE the cawk!" There would be an awesome laugh for all those who pay attention to the lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

4. Music   -   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Rammstein is a great example of a band that made international crossover. I think largely their success was due to Germans sounding angry and many kids need to express their pent up hostilities. Now we need a band that looks and sounds cool, edgy, and badass, but really translates into "I LOVE the cawk!" There would be an awesome laugh for all those who pay attention to the lyrics.
    Oh yes, I can see it now. Clueless parents letting their kids just sing to their heart's content. Maybe even a few dance videos on Youtube as well! "But ma, listen to the hook... it sounds good!"

5. Music   -   #125
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhat View Post
    Oh yes, I can see it now. Clueless parents letting their kids just sing to their heart's content. Maybe even a few dance videos on Youtube as well! "But ma, listen to the hook... it sounds good!"
    I was thinking about the kids in cars with all the windows down and the tunes cranked lip syncing at stop lights...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. Music   -   #126
    Poster
    I used to listen to MC Solar the french rapper.... couldnt understand a word, but really good stuff!

7. Music   -   #127
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    Emilie Simon. Sings in French and English, so I only understand half. As for immortal technique, most is English, and I know 99% of what the Spanish is lol

8. Music   -   #128
    I like french music, tho i dont understad it very well. And I am into Sigur ros. They sing icelandic - and a fantasy artificial language called hopelandish!

9. Music   -   #129
    Yes. There are some really fantastic songs out there regardless of the language spoken.

10. Music   -   #130
    Well not usually when the music is centered around the vocals and lyrics. But I listen to very particular genres that tend to sort of avoid that problem, like ambient. Every now and then there is a bit of music that I don't mind being in another language though. Nothing wrong with that.

But with metal its quite different, because the artists use their vocals as a sort of instrument to the point where the lyrics sometimes aren't even audible in your own first language. So basically, yes I listen to metal all the time in different languages. Especially since a lot of the best black and death metal isn't in English, whereas there is a lot of good heavy, power, thrash and doom bands from America and Britain. So mostly its a lot of European black/death, like Norweigian and Swedish and even a couple Japanese black metal bands like Abigail and Sabbat.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast