Thread: I.p. Address

Sorry I did'nt give more info the first time I posted this.When that person e-mail me , he said he hacked me ,and told me things ,only I knew was on my computer.
    I want his I.P. add. so I can put info on my firewall to block him. Any ideas.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    start with this and let me know the results.

review ur fw and other internet programs' logs (if u have them). track down the ip within the time frame of the "incident". go to http://www.securityspace.com/swhois/whois.html type the ip in question and submit. DO NOT USE AN INSTALLED "WHOIS" PROGRAM FROM UR PC.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chances are he used an anonymous proxy if he actually did hack you, though it was probably just a script kiddie playing with a Trojan already on your computer. Run an online virus scan here. If it doen't find anything, you may have been hacked.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ppl, NEVER ALLOW ANYONE TO CHECK UR OWN PC REMOTELY. Online checkers of any kind that involve accessing ur pc is a major risk.

the case is that someone may have sent a trojan to this pc and going online to allow ??? to check the pc for viruses is no different in risk than the trojan itself.

notice how i even told him/her to NOT use an installed "whois" program from the pc so he won't be at risk of revealing the identity of the pc.

I don't even allow windowsupdate or norton or anyone to do autoupdate, simply because of that reason (remote access)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The only thing I have a web site scan our my ports,to see if any are open.Like Shields Up.But no results at this time on my problem.Thanx.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    @nikita69, I think as long as you know it's a reputable company, it's okay. I wouldn't allow some tech support guy to do it, or anything like that, but NAV is safe enough, and so is PCillin. And as far as windows update goes, I've never heard of anyone being hacked, or receiving viruses through it (knock on wood). Microsoft, and most other big software companies keep there severs clean and secure, so you can safely access them.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by nikita69@8 November 2003 - 23:02

I don't even allow windowsupdate or norton or anyone to do autoupdate, simply because of that reason (remote access)
    isnt that a little too extreame

proud to be american

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    dude, check you computer. if there's nothing miss, wat i would do is call your isp, and tell them your getting hacked messages. then tell them to switch your connection. this changes your ip address. then, get your isp to tell u all the connections made to ur pc around the time frame, and block all of them, unless u know some u don't want to block. but the reconnect ur internet thing really does change ur ip, so it works pretty well if u're out of ideas

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Jay+16 November 2003 - 01:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jay @ 16 November 2003 - 01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nikita69@8 November 2003 - 23:02

I don&#39;t even allow windowsupdate or norton or anyone to do autoupdate, simply because of that reason (remote access)
    isnt that a little too extreame [/b][/quote]
    Not for Nikita. She&#39;s always been extremely paranoid of "big brother".

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    if ur with hotmail his ip will be in the email...