Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Blackcats-Games Paypal Issues

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    ^ Yea a blog doesn't look like a bank statement with charity or the IRS paperwork that they are requesting

In case no one knows the url has been changed to http://www.blackcatgames.com/
    Stoi said in the thread on BCG that he had no idea what that site was. It is completely unrelated to the torrent tracker.
    Thankyou, its amazing on the net how things can get misinterpreted (accidently or on purpose).

that site has nothing to do with us at all, and i didnt even know it existed till 2 days ago (so we didnt copy the name or anything when i made the site).

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    The problems not the fact BCG accepts donations its the way they accept them.

To be asked to provide proof that they are a charity would suggest the have set up their accounts to accept payment as actual donations.

Donations are exempt from Paypal fees and cant be disputed.

If BCG were just accepting payments through a business account and standing the paypal fees, we wouldn't be posting in this thread now.

Paypal probably take a hard line with websites / businesses etc pretending to be a charity to avoid fees.

Setting up a blog may show the site is doing anythng illegal and help avoid problems other trackers have had with paypal, but it certainly wont convince them to allow BCG to accept non feeable donations.

BCG should just let the current PP account die and set up a new normal account and take the fees like the rest of us do when selling on ebay etc

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Yea because selling on ebay and running, an illegal tracker is the same thing

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    CPC464's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Read the post dickhead, are you totally stupid, First you say stoi's post wasn't in English and then you misread mine. I think you must have problems reading.

My post says they should use a normal account where fees apply like we all have to do, Not set up as a charity.

The way BCG and other trackers accept payments is, or should be the same as us selling on ebay

Are you too stupid to realise accepting donations on an illegal tracker isn't the same as collecting donations to help starving children in Africa etc

Paypay rightfully don't charge a fee for the latter

If you are really too lazy to read posts or just too dumb to understand them you really shouldn't be replying.

Back to play school in the morning hey!
    Last edited by CPC464; 03-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    What was your nick on BCG when you still had an account?

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    We are not set up as a charity, and we do pay fees on every donation, so i am not trying to pull a fast one over paypal by claiming to be a charity, i have never claimed to be a charity.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    We are not set up as a charity, and we do pay fees on every donation, so i am not trying to pull a fast one over paypal by claiming to be a charity, i have never claimed to be a charity.
    Very strange that paypal would require proof that your a charity, im sure its not agianst any rules at ask for members of a websites, forum or blogs etc to donate towards server costs etc and also to have prize draws.

in that case I feel that telling paypal your a games blog site and not a charity. Donations are made by members to help with running costs etc should work fine.

Only problem I see is that in my experiance dealing with paypal, they never seem to listen or use common sense. while answers seem very robotic or maybe even cut & paste.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Markociv1 View Post
    What was your nick on BCG when you still had an account?
    Don't worry about it, I still have an account Blackcats-Games..How do you think I created the thread with in house information, stoi's the one that gave me an invite...(I've been around before the SP days and before the '.net' days, basically had an account WAAAY before I had an account here)

and CPC464, you are an idiot...stoi has made that clear that assumptions get you nowhere, but make you look like an ass
    Last edited by EyeCandy; 03-27-2011 at 08:58 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by CPC464 View Post
    Very strange that paypal would require proof that your a charity, im sure its not agianst any rules at ask for members of a websites, forum or blogs etc to donate towards server costs etc and also to have prize draws.

in that case I feel that telling paypal your a games blog site and not a charity. Donations are made by members to help with running costs etc should work fine.

Only problem I see is that in my experiance dealing with paypal, they never seem to listen or use common sense. while answers seem very robotic or maybe even cut & paste.
    PayPal requesting "proof" of different kinds for accounts related to donations on a torrent site is not a new phenomenon. Them freezing accounts until sufficient proof of this or that has been presented caused severe downtimes during SceneLife's last year, and was later the reason for downtimes at SceneXpress (and ultimately the reason for it's demise). They just kept making one excuse after another for freezing your account again and again. It has also caused problems on numerous other sites but i named these ones as examples because i used to staff there and know first hand what happened.

It's easy for critics to say that only someone with half a brain would stick to PayPal as their means of accepting donations. But it's not as trivial as it may seem for a small site to change to an alternative service and convince their members that this new payment service is worth signing up to (if nothing else, only to support your site). You would end up going from already low donations to getting close to none.
    Last edited by scrappen; 03-28-2011 at 03:21 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    DISABLED PRIVS
    So...what happened?.did paypal accept it?.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345