Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software for Playing BDMV folder or BD Movies

vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I downloaded this movie URL REMOVED
    and using the software from this site http://www.cccp-project.net/
    The files are in the BDMV folder like this "BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts".
    I can play the single file and I choose the largest one like 28G and I can play no problem with the video but the subtitle is disabled.
    If I am correct, I need to play the whole folder in order to use the subtitle. I can not play the folder from this software or am I doing something wrong.

I need to find a software which I can play BDMV/M2TS with subtitle. Are there any other software you would recommend to play BD movies with subtitle.
    With VLC, I can play the folder with subtitle but the video has a jerky motion like stop and go in every 5-8 seconds.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cabalo; 03-22-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: removed url to .torrent
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Corel WinDVD will do that.

For jerky motion enable gc based decoding. Although not sure vlc support it or otherwise but WinDVD does.
    Gone for Infinite Period

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    beergarden
    The best software for playing M2TS files is Arcsoft Total Media Theater

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    The alternative way is that make the BDMV as a ISO file. Then, Mount it with Daemon Tool, and play it with PowerDVD.
    Last edited by pastoral; 03-22-2011 at 04:28 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pastoral View Post
    The alternative way is that make the BDMV as a ISO file. Then, Mount it with Daemon Tool, and play it with PowerDVD.
    +1 for this idea.
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    There are much easier solutions than the suggestions in here. OP, what operating system are you using?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Thank you so much replying back and I'm using Windows 7.

I believe I have MPC. MPC doesn't play folder only file only!
    Last edited by vinhkhang01; 03-22-2011 at 11:32 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Right, Win7. Get rid of and uninstall everything related to codecs that you installed before. Then head over to http://www.shark007.net/win7codecs.html and find the download link. Install that, it's a codec pack more suited for Win7's default behavior, sort of how CCCP worked for Win XP. If you have a 64-bit operating system, you'll do exactly the same thing, but once you're done with that you'll also install this one. That's pretty much it. VOBSUB is part of it, and it'll handle your subtitle problems with Bluray. You can use either Windows Media Player or MPC to playback your content. They have a more current and tuned MPC installation at that same site, if you want to give that a shot as well.

There are some minimalists out there that hate the concept of codec packs; however, this has been the most successful and simplest way to get all media playing back smoothly on multiple people's computers (who are not very advanced). I have been able to use these without them messing up my encoding either. I consider this a minimal approach, as it's pretty much one step.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhkhang01 View Post
    If I am correct, I need to play the whole folder in order to use the subtitle
    Also this isn't quite accurate, they are in the stream.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 03-23-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Thanks, I will try this out tonight or tomorrow. I just read...."The installer will automatically remove most other popular codec releases from your computer before installing this concise yet comprehensive windows media center setup package." So, basically the new installer will automatically uninstall other codecs for me and I don't have to do it manually right! If the subtitles are in the stream, how come the subtitle is ghost out from MPC and why MPC can not play the folder but only the single file.

Btw, what is/are the diffs mount it with Daemon tool and play with PowerDVD versus playing with MPC
    Last edited by vinhkhang01; 03-23-2011 at 12:43 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The deal with subtitles:
    There are different ways to render them, MPC has an internal renderer. You can also designate ffdshow or vobsub to render, and from watching tons of anime and non native language films (i.e. sans English), I'm quite used to handling subtitles. Getting them to work correctly in Media Center is another issue. That's why I recommended this solution to you. So the reason you weren't seeing subtitles is because you don't have your current setup correctly configured, and I had no interest in trying to troubleshoot all of that with you (it's hard enough to do over the phone, let alone forum/pm). Anyways, this is still a better solution to troubleshooting your current setup.

As for the automagic removal of other codec releases, I can't vouch for it since I've never put it to the test. I don't really know what it covers, so there might still be some media playback related things left on your system bonking up your efforts (if I used that word correctly). Give it a try... but if you have problems, my first assumption would be previous setup. Also remember that if you keep your old MPC, with its current configuration, it might not work correctly with this setup even if Windows Media Player works correctly. That's why I recommend wiping it, and installing the MPC linked at that site. MPC can ignore the DirectShow filtering, and there could be some other conflicts (vobsub, WMF, splitters, etc.) if you leave it as it is now. So the take away message is if after Shark007 install, playback works correctly in WMP, but not MPC, then redo MPC installation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast