Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

my mrs brought me train sim for christmas. Ive found loads of sites to download stuff off but i dont know how to download them it asks me to either "open" or "save" then what

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    have you tried either?

btw, how old are you?

3. Games   -   #3
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@25 December 2003 - 19:27
    have you tried either?

btw, how old are you?
    hahahaha, lol. oh man, that's too damn funny, hmmm, save or open? save or open? save or open? being there are only 2 choices, try one of them (or better yet, y not both?) and see the result. welcome to the sim world my friend.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

4. Games   -   #4
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    To download you want to choose "save"

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

5. Games   -   #5
    or open, they both work. if you want the keep the file you're downloading on your hard disk, then chooses save as (you want to do this if it's a big file your downloading). if it's a small insignificant file (insignificant as in you only need to download, extract and install, you don't want to keep it on your hard disk, etc.) then choose open. either way, you'll be getting the file.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    LOL this is a classic, glad you guys helped him, but this is even worse than a "what do i do with a bin and cue file"? LOL
    Threads like this make me laugh until i fall off my chair, It demosntrates that some people are completely computer illiterate

7. Games   -   #7
    BANNED
    well thats why they are here.... to learn...

dont EVER say thx for someone teaching you something..... its a social obligation we all have

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by DWk@26 December 2003 - 15:04

dont EVER say thx for someone teaching you something..... its a social obligation we all have
    yea, but did he seriously need somebody to tell him to choose one of two choices? open, save, open ,save , open , save.....arg which one do i choose....

and isnt it obvious that what they do? i mean "open" what do u think that do....and "save" hmmm i wonder

9. Games   -   #9
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo+26 December 2003 - 12:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Elmo &#064; 26 December 2003 - 12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DWk@26 December 2003 - 15:04

yea, but did he seriously need somebody to tell him to choose one of two choices? open, save, open ,save , open , save.....arg which one do i choose....

and isnt it obvious that what they do? i mean "open" what do u think that do....and "save" hmmm i wonder [/b][/quote]
    ya i know. some ppl just crack me up&#33; first time i read this thread i couldn&#39;t stop laughing for 5 minutes, then i did the stupid thing of watching the red vs. blue halo videos, then i laughed for another 10 minutes, then i watched the christmas special for family guy, lets just say my stomach still hurts. seriously though, we shouldn&#39;t make fun of the guy, he had the guts to ask. but still, so damn funny&#33;

Family Guy; Christmas special:

Peter: oh loius&#33; they (fish) were all over me&#33; on my nose, in my ears and eyes. and while i was on my way out, i swear to god i heard one of them muttering something anti-semitic, it was horrible loius&#33;

10. Games   -   #10
    CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Hey, go easy on him. I remember the first days I had gotten my computer, I thought you downloaded everything to a floppy disk. I never thought to browse to a folder or my desktop to save it.

Ahh it was hell trying to download this movie I wanted one time(a game trailer, about 40 mb&#39;s). I tried saving to my floppy disk and it always said "not enough space on disk". So I decided to go to the gamespy chat room and tell them about it. They told me I need to clear out my hard drive, and that it was too full. So what I did was I went to program files and just started deleting everything. Man was I stupid&#33;

Now look at me. Three years ago I never thought I&#39;d be such a computer wiz as I am now. Hell, I put computers together for fun.

So I was worse than peterpan. At least he hasn&#39;t been saving his videos to a floppy

Oh I also remember that I had my brother come over and he showed me how to download. After I finally got the movie, I couldn&#39;t play it. I had deleted my damn realone player. I spent hours trying to make the shortcut&#39;s target point to...well I don&#39;t remember all...but it was hell..

I didn&#39;t know what file types and shit were. I one day, while looking at a site, found this thing that said "download windows media player". I needed to view some online video or something. I got it, and I could finally watch that game video .

I also remember that I used to think that if you copied the shortcut of a program to a floppy, that you could put the program on another computer. I was stupid for a 16 year old.

I hope that gets the weight off your sholders Peterpan . By the way peterpan, do you know Michael Jackson?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast