Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which tracker forum has the most "regular" posters ?

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Pointless question but this post got me curious
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I dont think we are l33t or even the best tracker for games, but just because we only get 100 in IRC and only 20 talk, or 100 members in the forums and only 10 post regular, doesnt make us crap either.
    Any sites that if ever made a point of regularly checking it pretty much the same thing - 10 or so "regulars" despite seeming general apathy determined to try and stave off a complete vacuum ( even in bt apparently "horror vacui") . Any place manage like low double digits ( or .01 % of it's members ) or something non inclusive of restricted forums ?

Btw by "regulars" I mean people who actually try to communicate and don't just spam post in the "Last HD movie you saw" or " rate that ass " threads.
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    What has a very active forum I used to partitcipate in regularly back in the days. A-HD has a friendly, helpful and mature / intelligent community, too. That's just two examples from the top of my head.

I'm usually not active in tracker forums though, and avoid IRC like a plague for a number of reasons. The 'best' community I experienced over the years was the original Torrentbits.org forums, the original private tracker. Elitetorrents and Oink forums were great, too. Maybe things look rosier than they actually were in retrospect and this is the nostalgic me speaking, or maybe I simply was less cynical when I was younger, I don't know. But Torrentbits forums were great.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    What has a very active forum I used to partitcipate in regularly back in the days. A-HD has a friendly, helpful and mature / intelligent community, too. That's just two examples from the top of my head.

I'm usually not active in tracker forums though, and avoid IRC like a plague for a number of reasons. The 'best' community I experienced over the years was the original Torrentbits.org forums, the original private tracker. Elitetorrents and Oink forums were great, too. Maybe things look rosier than they actually were in retrospect and this is the nostalgic me speaking, or maybe I simply was less cynical when I was younger, I don't know.
    No I think if what is evident here is true the face of filesharing is changing .
    People use to consider it a privilege ,now it's just a convenience . Like people used to feel obligated to be nice to the bank tellers that they stood face to face with but now not so much so with the ATMs

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Underground-Gamer, no ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No I think if what is evident here is true the face of filesharing is changing .
    People use to consider it a privilege ,now it's just a convenience . Like people used to feel obligated to be nice to the bank tellers that they stood face to face with but now not so much so with the ATMs
    It's maybe that. Or maybe the initial 'idealism' of the first private tracker days is gone. Back in those days, you simply didn't have this 'elitism' bullshit that P2P has emulated from the traditional scene. There was a certain degree of enthusiasm and friendliness, people were dedicated to the idea of sharing content with others (that's what maintaining a good ratio was all about), the sharing aspect was a lot more important than being 'exclusive' or even completely closed. The first private trackers were actually huge, 100.000 users and more was rather common.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Underground-Gamer, no ?
    Maybe. I gave up on the forums there because of the stupid karma system where people are anonymously allowed to penalize you for no reason other than they feel like it .

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    A's Avatar ... BT Rep: +1
    HDBits ofc

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    TorrentBytes is still quite active (under the "new" name). They have a number of people who can write and think intelligently. They also do not allow discussion of invites, and do not have an invite system themselves. That takes a lot of the stupidity out of the forums in itself. The staff is also very solid- actually, many of the frequent posters are staff, but don't abuse their power- typically, only people who cross a few reasonable barriers are thrown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I think what and waffle have the most diverse forum posters, but that could just be a reflection of their size. Most general private trackers are the same 10 people going off topic. Much like this forum.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    TorrentBytes is still quite active (under the "new" name). They have a number of people who can write and think intelligently. They also do not allow discussion of invites, and do not have an invite system themselves. That takes a lot of the stupidity out of the forums in itself. The staff is also very solid- actually, many of the frequent posters are staff, but don't abuse their power- typically, only people who cross a few reasonable barriers are thrown out.
    Torrentbytes can't be compared to the original Torrentbits. I was actually a member on Torrentbytes at the beginning, right after Torrentbits closed for good. At least back then, things were already quite different.

Can't comment on the current situation though since I haven't been member there for years. They lost the user database once or twice back then, losing all stats. I didn't bother using the account after that.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast