Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Public Trackers

Now I know that everyones gonna jump down my throat on this one but does anyone here use public trackers? If so, which ones and for what? I'm just curious because a lot of the times I'm looking for something kind of random or weird and a lot of these 0day or specialized private trackers don't really have it so I'm forced to turn to public trackers.

What are your thoughts?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    HMthePM's Avatar woweee BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Depends on what place you live at and your ISP. If your dont much care for piracy, go ahead. I use public trackers sometimes.
    Then again if your ISP is ready to fork over your details to MPAA/RIAA/etc, using public trackers is not advised.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by byrnesc1 View Post
    .... a lot of the times I'm looking for something kind of random or weird and a lot of these 0day or specialized private trackers don't really have it so I'm forced to turn to public trackers.
    do you know what you talking about ?
    if you really dont, then blame it on your private tracker, divorce her & get another one , decent one

btw you can check demonoid
    if you dont have access to that then TPB & h33t.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Wierd, I've only had to turn to public trackers for very odd stuff, like a specific Dell restore disk, or some rare audio book. Other then that, private trackers and newsgroups have me covered. Demonoid is where I turn when all else fails, and it has always had what I could not find elsewhere.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yeah I usually check demonoid if I can't find something but usually if they do have it, theres only about 2-3 seeders and .5kbps. Not sure whether or not my isp is anal about piracy but I'm not really trying to find out. I'm just convinced that what I'm looking for doesnt exist in the form that I want...oh well.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    What are you looking for? Maybe some one can help find it? I've had people find me things I couldn't find before here...

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Back when I torrented, I used public trackers for things I couldn't find on the private sites I belonged to - for example, old movies and warez ISOs. If you're looking for indexers, then try VerTor and KickAssTorrents. The former scans all torrents for viruses, DRM and other sorts of crap, it's a great site.

byrnesc1: better safe than sorry. Get a good IP filter and use it. Be careful with what you download, always check the comments, and scan files after they finish, particularly when dealing with software. If you suspect your ISP may be manipulating traffic, then try uTorrent in uTP-only mode, or make an account on Torrific and add that torrent there.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Lucifer9999's Avatar torrentdevil BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    simple answer: no!!!
    "It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is progress!"

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer9999 View Post
    I'd like the complicated answer, please.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer9999 View Post
    I'd like the complicated answer, please.
    Sorry can't help but how about a simple translation :"I'm totally lacking in any depth , originality or imagination and the usual pabulum is quite OK for me".

" Also I scare easily ".

As for public trackers I think if you are using them for something " random or weird" and have the great luck not to find every so titled torrent is really not what it says then I hardly think ( owing to the "random or weird" part) the authorities give a much of a crap.
    On the other hand probably not a good idea to download a cam of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast