Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BTguard !! can it get you banned in tracker ?

CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    Do NOT use Tor for P2P. Seriously. Don't.
    What he said. Leave the TOR network alone, please.
    i'm curios about the reasons why tor shouldn't be assosiated with bit-torrent (or vice-versa?), i'm not into privacy networks so just wanna know, for future maybe =)

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    CleverMan: there are two big reasons. Firstly, Tor is meant to provide uncensored Internet access on countries and/or places which restrict it. Abusing the network by downloading through it means those people get sluggish speeds when using it for what it's actually meant for.

Secondly, you put the exit nodes at risk by making them transfer P2P traffic in your behalf. The implications are similar to using your neighbor's Wi-Fi to download torrents.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    by going through all posts above, i think i should not use vpn
    What did you originally want to use a VPN for?
    anonymity

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    All this effort, Seedobxes, VPN's, etc... is it really worthy? For as little as 8$ per month you have unlimited access to the usenet, which is way faster than any tracker, absolutely safe and has HUGE contents.

I can no longer find any logic in that game.
    yesh, but to be honest, i failed every time, i went to understand how the usenet stuffs works. what i found is websites loaded of advertisement, 100 clickable shits to live nude webcams.
    im not looking forward to put up any money in vpn at this time. my speed is decent & seedboxex are useless for me.
    Last edited by Evelyn; 04-16-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    yesh, but to be honest, i failed every time, i went to understand how the usenet stuffs works. what i found is websites loaded of advertisement, 100 clickable shits to live nude webcams.
    You must have gone to the wrong places. There's a very nice thread by Rart in the Newsgroups section that explains the basics.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    CleverMan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    CleverMan: there are two big reasons. Firstly, Tor is meant to provide uncensored Internet access on countries and/or places which restrict it. Abusing the network by downloading through it means those people get sluggish speeds when using it for what it's actually meant for.

Secondly, you put the exit nodes at risk by making them transfer P2P traffic in your behalf. The implications are similar to using your neighbor's Wi-Fi to download torrents.
    yeah i see, expected something like that. thanks for explanation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12