Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post

IPv6 gateway.
    Correct but there's some more tricks on my sleeve other than ipv6

Teach me Master, TEACH ME please !

2. BitTorrent   -   #102
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    Correct but there's some more tricks on my sleeve other than ipv6
    Forgive my ignorance, then, as I'm not even half as dedicated to UseNet as people here (and elsewhere) are. What are the other ways?

I know a lot of free providers, and free advertisement/endorsement type deals, but none at the "better" providers like astra/leaseweb. What are the links that I'm missing?
    Ellipses go here.

3. BitTorrent   -   #103
    Patience, young padawan. The dark side is strong with you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #104
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    abhdtv+hdbits=massive amount of caps and blurays YAY!
    Last edited by worthlessone; 04-29-2011 at 11:09 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #105
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    That's where you are wrong ... I can honestly say I've never had to rim anyones anus to get wherever I wanted. I applied in some GA's for the easily accessible trackers here at FST but never made any requests for the "'higher'-level"-trackers. I just got involved in the community that is FST because I liked it here (and still do) and I never spent much time on IRC, nor did I spend ages on tracker-forums. I just wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere so I never felt like I lacked something. Eventually invites started popping in my PM-boxes here and there (from people I didn't expect).

They based their decisions on the posts they read here and there and the opinion they formed based on that, not on any kind of asskissing. I believe there are a lot of people here at FST and other places that got in all the 'l33t' plces without actually striving to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
    Never once had to. Simply asking for an invite, usually the tracker staff themselves, was always enough. Most of my trackers I joined through open signups even, which used to be a lot more common back in the days than they are now.

You can get involved in all the drama and ego tripping kids, but you don't have to. I never did. For some, it's even some kind of entertainment.
    I wasn't really talking about "leet" sites, I was talking about mindset of some of the people that staff the sites. I've got my own content covered, but I also tend to upload (other content and/or my encodes), and naturally I am more likely to cross paths with a staff member. If I see something redundant or illogical, I speak out, and in response to that you find out 1 of 2 things. (1) This staff member is an idiot that wants a rim job, or (2) the staff member is bright and enlightens me with an experienced perspective. I've mostly only run into the first type. So I've pretty much stuck to usenet for both ul/dl.

6. BitTorrent   -   #106
    Long John Silver
    usenet - good for new stuff, fast, no ratio etc

torrents (and other protocols like emule) - good for old and rare non-scene releases (nsotalgia is a key reason for my filesharing and many over 30 I suspect), easier to request stuff, etc

Use the both of them for about $35 us/month (seedbox and usenet server) - think I would stop the seedbox first after the usual buffer strategy on trackers b4 stopping the usenet.

7. BitTorrent   -   #107
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyfresh View Post
    new = past 3 years, and even then some stuff just gets reposted

8. BitTorrent   -   #108
    Long John Silver
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by buggyfresh View Post
    new = past 3 years, and even then some stuff just gets reposted
    What I dislike most really about the usenet system - the retention in itself is good but the limit (900 days) is not if you want old releases that haven't been reposted - personally I couldn't find many DVDs from scene groups for that reason. But hey between the two of 'em they work fine for me!

9. BitTorrent   -   #109
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    To those who missed the news, there was a huge promotion last black friday, 4$ per month, unlimited access on one of the providers. That's less than the cost of a pack of cigarettes where I live at.

10. BitTorrent   -   #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    4$... That's less than the cost of a pack of cigarettes where I live at.
    Not if you roll your own, I'm paying the equivalent of $1.60

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011