Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shareaza Problem?

Goes Rawr!
    hi, i was wondering if anyone have problem dling and uploading stuff to people
    who r on the eDonkey network.

man its bullshit , the status in the tranfer of the shareaza says pending even though their is like 8 sources for the file...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I have used shareaz before , it sucks, when theres like 20 source for a file , it says sources needed, utter crap.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Goes Rawr!
    HOLY CRAP , i finally connected to one of the eDonkey users, the time it took was around 5-7 hrs LOL!!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    if you have router or firewall try forwarding some ports to connect to edonkey servers

good luck!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    I've never been able to get Shareaza to connect to an actual eDonkey2000 client for a download, even if theres hundreds of them in the list.

In my experience, Shareaza connects to:

eMule clients, not a problem
    other Sharaza clients seem to get preference... unsurprisingly
    eDonkey hybrid
    eDonkey 1.X

But eDonkey2000 client connections just sit there, counting down to 00:00, then the countdown restarts, with the time doubling each cycle.

This is probably why some of you guys have had like 20 clients in your list but no sources.
    Shareaza and the official eDonkey2000 client just don't seem to play well together.

I've seen a post pointing this fact out on the Shareaza Forum, but there was no replies and nothing''s changed over the last couple of versions...

Shareaza is good, but it's not perfect... yet.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Old Fella
    Ive been using both Shareaza and KL for a while now and find both work okay. To be honest I don't watch who I connect to on Shareaza as I find that watching downloads can make me go slightly crazy. I'd rather let it do it's thing.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    You must have a fast internet connections to use shareaza

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Originally posted by VxD@18 December 2003 - 05:04
    Not true. I'm stuck with a 56K connection and I use it.
    I just limit my downloads to files no bigger than 150MB, but thats my choice.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Old Fella
    Originally posted by VxD@18 December 2003 - 08:34
    Why do you say that - I'm only on ADSL 128Kb and it goes okay.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    eDonkey is that way, 1KB transfers and queues in the thousands. the highest I have ever seem was 600000+. You can expect a file to have thousands of sources but none or only a few to start downloading. It could take you 1 month to download a file just from edonkey. That's the way it is, even though there are 1.5 million users (all searchable)

EDIT: Oh you guys might want to watch out with edonkey, the amount of connections it can make can kill routers and modems. You can change the amount of connections per second in the Advanced part in the settings.

From the Shareaza Forums:
    Download the latest beta, go to the Advanced Options setting, and find the 'Downloads.ConnectThrottle' option.

I think it throttles how many ten connections per (VALUE).

1000 MS = one second.

If you have a less than sporty ADSL line you might want to set it to something ludracris like 3000 MS, the gentle caress of a drunken lover stumbling to find the snap of your bra.

Also, make sure you've capped your upload limit to something below your maximum speed so you have bandwidth to spare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast