Thread: Seedbox setting help

DeNeDe17's Avatar NARUTO -ナルト-疾風 BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Hy guys.. i'm trying to set a seedbox business
    i have like 10 kimsufi dedicated servers
    the ones with 100euro\month
    CPU i7 4TB TB HDD 12GB ram ..
    i search on the internet for tutorials but i couldn't find any ..
    what i want to do is very easy ..
    soon i'll buy a domain(don't know what name to put yet) and a small shared hosting for the website..
    on the website people will see what packages we have at what prices and they could pay via Paypal or Credit Card..
    after they payed they will receive a mail with account login
    let's say someone wants a 1Gbit line with a 250GB disc space..
    he pays for that and he receives a mail with account logins to his ftp, that has his name, and to the webui .. the ftp will have 250GB ..
    with 1 week to go until the month is over he will receive another mail in which will say if he wants to renew the subscription..
    if he renews the acc will last him how much he will renew, if he doesn't the acc will be deleted at the end of the month(from when he purchased) and all the data he downloaded as well..
    easy, right ?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Minor flaw; I guess these servers are still bandwidth-limited to 10TB? So apart from the storage-space, you need to calculate how much non-OVH-traffic each user may use.

Next, these machines are 1Gbit so if you share, in your example, 250GB disk to someone, you still got about 3.5TB left. So either you cannot sell that or you need to tell every customer that 1Gbit is the maximum and minimum they get like (6 users per server) 166Mbps speeds.

So, you need iptables or something for bandwidth calculations in/outside OVH, smtp to automatically mail people their bandwidth is used up, someone to install & support 10 servers (and anywhere from 10 to roughly 80) users in all time-zones and so on.

There are loads of tutorials supporting your ideas, even on public forums concerning bittorrent/discussions/seedboxes. But unless you 1000% know how to allocate each user to server 1 to 10, most tutorials won't really help.

You did think this tru yeh?
    Last edited by FransTormer; 05-10-2011 at 04:02 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    DeNeDe17's Avatar NARUTO -ナルト-疾風 BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    it says it is unlimited...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    It says Unlimited**

I would read up on the ** bit

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    It says Unlimited**

I would read up on the ** bit
    **: Traffic is unlimited. If you exceed 10 TB / month, the connection will be limited to 10 Mbps. 1 Gbps connection will be restored once additional TB of traffic have been purchased (after what you have exceeded has been taken away). £14.90 ex. VAT per TB (Minimum purchase 2TB).

-> my comment: this 10TB is for non-OVH traffic to external IP's. Download (incoming traffic) is unlimited actually. One of my servers done almost 30TB total in a month from which only 8TB outgoing was non-OVH; rest was all "free traffic"
    Last edited by FransTormer; 05-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    What would make your service different from the dozens of seedbox companies already selling in the market? Especially going up against ones that can offer truly unlimited outgoing traffic.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    kimsufi is 3TB/month not 10TB.

Anyway, you might want to have a look at http://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.ph...Software_Stack it has everything you need to run a seedbox on the server side at least.

All you need apart from that is DNS system and billing/ticketing system, ie WHMCS.

We are also able to consult on this to get you off the ground, shouldn't take more than a couple hours.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Speaking of PMSS, what should i do if i want to install it on a non-fresh install? I ask that because reinstalling the system will erase all data and i don't really like that. Can I remove rtorrent, rutorrent, vsftpd, vnstat?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster
    yea just remove all that stuff, leave data etc.