Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do i start torrent things...

Green Goblin's Avatar who gives a f*** BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    if your serious you might want to check out http://www.bitsoup.org it would be a good site to start out, it's normally open sign up and if you get stuck you can always buy yourself a bucket load of buffer, it was one of my first torrent sites.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    My personal favorite, when it comes to easy to join sites, has to be http://www.demonoid.me

While it isn't completely private, it does track share ratio and it's HUGE. I have been frequenting private sites for a long time now, but I still use demonoid often.

It is open signups from time to time, but if you haven't hit one of those times by the time you have the ability to send personal messages here, then feel free to PM me and ask for a code.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Night0wl: you don't need an account to download Demonoid's torrents, although registering to keep track of ratio may be a good idea to avoid making mistakes on sites that do ban for not sharing enough data back. Or maybe not, given the inaccuracy of their IP system

I do second your post, though - Demonoid is a great idea. And in that case, I guess I could also recommend a personal favorite of mine - RuTracker. Huge, excellent and approachable (open signups) tracker with pretty lax ratio requirements. Sadly, the Russian-only interface may put a beginner off, but once you become familiar with the other sites mentioned here, do check it out - it's a paradise specially for music and rare releases.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well all I know is my first ratio tracking site was Demonoid. Second was OiNK and reached PU in about 6 weeks with absolutely no guidance except rules/FAQ and a 0.5MBit upload, so you tell me if it's good or not.

Had no idea you could search demonoid without being registered though. I though it was just whatever shows up in Google and time limited.

edit: Actually OiNK was 4th site. I joined two bootleg music sites, but they were so easy to keep ratio on, that they don't really count.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 05-13-2011 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    swizZ8's Avatar pure hatred BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If you are interested ih HD movies, i can give you an HD-Space invite. Content is very good, especially for a beginner. Ratio is very easy to maintain. PM me if you want it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Oh you guys are so kind...i've read all..ilovetorrent(ILT? maybe) could be good....i'm going to consider bitsoup either....Concering demonoid,..hmm...code thing is needed to register? Night0wl!...thanks for your kindness. i'll PM you...later(PM? hmm..what is...sending message? hmm)
    and anon-sbi!...russian tracker RuTracker?...i think it is not good for me..anyway thanks for your reply...
    swizZ8...thank you for your Recommendation(HD-space)...but i prefer watching TV show(drama)...

i say again...Thank you very much...i hope you all guys have a great day...bye...!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    fann's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    same bitsoup alo good

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by courtesyiw View Post
    Concering demonoid,..hmm...code thing is needed to register?
    Read above.

(PM? hmm..what is...sending message? hmm)
    Yes. Hmm.

and anon-sbi!...russian tracker RuTracker?...i think it is not good for me..
    OK then
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12