View Poll Results: How does this 1st post make you feel?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • When will standard definition content move to x264 already, I'm waiting impatiently?!

6 37.50%
  • Why is everything else including the crap so easily available in HD, but Daily Show is ignored?!

1 6.25%
  • Hey, I need my compression artifacts. Give me my BLOCKS!

9 56.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Show high-def or x264, tracker quest

mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Quote Originally Posted by brento View Post
    what's the point of this thread?
    Point was, find 720p or 1080i versions of Daily Show in your respective trackers. Though I doubt they are there. Making that assumption, I'm just huffing and puffing.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Though I doubt they are there. Making that assumption, I'm just huffing and puffing.
    There is actually quite a few of them. SCC has probably all 720p encodes of the show there have been this year from the scene, HDBits has even more of 1080i caps, there are also many 720p releases on usenet. though they are not uploaded on the daily basis in these places, since scene doesn't release HD version every day if the nfo databases sites are right... so you might be better off searching for some other place than torrents/scene

//seems like hdbits is the place, 93 1080i caps this year so far...
    Last edited by ajsi; 05-21-2011 at 11:48 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    I'm a usenet user, so I know what's available on there, just the pointless XVID crap

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I have a feeling people are voting the third option because they like how it was worded, or also to spite me. I thought I made this public so that I could see who voted, but I goofed something. I would have harassed you, so I guess... count your blessings?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I have a feeling people are voting the third option because they like how it was worded, or also to spite me.
    I voted for that because I like my blocks.

On a serious note, I don't have an HD screen, so 700/1400 MB rips suit me just fine video and sound quality-wise, and also let me store more movies (I keep the ones I liked in case I ever want to watch them again).

PS: please don't harass me
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    press to number of votes on any option and you see who voted what option.

Edit: and BTW anon SD x264 doesn't take up more space than XviD, it's just far higher quality and less blocky at same size, + black/dark is actually visible, unlike the XviD equivalent. Picture yourself a dark 700MB horror movie in XviD, then know that almost all of the annoying artifacts are gone if it was X264.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 05-27-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    brento's Avatar Poster
    what's the point of this thread?
    Point was, find 720p or 1080i versions of Daily Show in your respective trackers. Though I doubt they are there. Making that assumption, I'm just huffing and puffing.
    a quick search leads me believe that it's only uploaded in SD

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by anon-sbi View Post
    On a serious note, I don't have an HD screen, so 700/1400 MB rips suit me just fine video and sound quality-wise, and also let me store more movies (I keep the ones I liked in case I ever want to watch them again).

PS: please don't harass me
    But it isn't harassment, for serious the first option was for you. You could get even more content at smaller file sizes and at better quality. I don't have to harass you to know that you would truly enjoy it. For instance, progressing towards this direction https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264sd/

Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    press to number of votes on any option and you see who voted what option.
    That's what I mean, I can't click anything on it. No links, no hovertext, I get squat.

a quick search leads me believe that it's only uploaded in SD
    Thanks for searching, it's confirming my suspicion
    Last edited by mjmacky; 05-27-2011 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Edit: and BTW anon SD x264 doesn't take up more space than XviD, it's just far higher quality and less blocky at same size, + black/dark is actually visible, unlike the XviD equivalent. Picture yourself a dark 700MB horror movie in XviD, then know that almost all of the annoying artifacts are gone if it was X264.
    But it isn't harassment, for serious the first option was for you. You could get even more content at smaller file sizes and at better quality. I don't have to harass you to know that you would truly enjoy it. For instance, progressing towards this direction https://filesharingtalk.com/nzbs/movies/x264sd/
    I'm definitely going to check that x264 stuff out, then. Thank you guys!
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I guess your browser is playing tricks on you then

Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast