Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@11 November 2003 - 22:42
I have an idea for you, GhostInTheSystem.

Before you format and loose everything there is another option. It will allow you to get yourself familiar with the installation of Windows XP without erasing your current setup.

Unplug your current harddrive and put it aside.

Buy another harddrive and install it in your PC. You can then install XP and if at some point you run into problems you can just stop and unplug it.

You can plug your first drive back in and you're back with all you configurations untouched.

It's just an idea to take away all the fear when venturing into the unknown.
i'm sorry. i din't mean to give the impression that i was afraid of the unknown...have to re-format 2 separate hard drives should tell you that i'm not afraid to dive in. i just spent many hours downloading programs that i wanted and just didn't want to loose them. no big deal...i now also have nero which will back up my hard drive. i didn't before. i didn't have a back up program and have lost stuff before. chalk it up to a learning experience.

no biggie. i was just trying to do it a little more inteligently this time, instead of the rash, devil may care way that i usually go about things.

*sigh*

damned if you do....damned if you don't....