Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Clarificatipn : P*n apppllication

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Btw and please fee free to correct me if I'm wrong, PTN is bt site dedicated to the sharing of movie files . Now far be it for me to question the doings of internet dweebs but I don't see how posting on any other sites has the tiniest connection to anything.
    Maybe it's one of those "have you ever traded an invite/used a ratio cheating program?" questions.

I don't see why they should reject you for being a member of FST if you haven't done anything stupid here.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DeadPoet's Avatar Poster
    @Idol
    The only connection with PtN is that I'm a member there. Nothing more. So I can talk only from regular users point of view.

I think I should have been a little more precise.
    What I meant was if you don't know what it means then you, probably, are not active in other non-bt related communities staff of PtN would know of. And therefore these named sites would be useless.
    For example - I write in there that I'm active in this hi-teh audio forum in my country. I like to chit chat about newest audio equipment and stuff. How this will increase my chances of being accepted? I don't know, you tell me.
    In my opinion, this is for those who are not members in any other private trackers or are in very few of them and staff can't make a decision wheter to accept his membership or not. And if applicant happens to be an active user in movie related forum, most likely he will be accepted.
    It's not like I'm making these assumptions out of thin air, since I've been going through some applications myself and I never mentioned any other non-bt communities I'm part of. Allthought I'm active in some. Never had issues to get accepted and I'm not seedwhore on other trackers.
    Ok, maybe you shouldn't leave it blank but you can make a note that you are not active on other non-bt related communities.

@GlazeKing - it's all about glaze.
    Last edited by DeadPoet; 05-25-2011 at 06:08 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    When I hear about people filling out applications to join private bt, I get a gross feeling inside. Sort of like someone sliced open my testicle sack while I was asleep and a cockroach snuck inside to lay its eggs next to my eggs then starts running around in my body. Does anyone else get that feeling?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I think that question is intended to see if you are actively involved in forums other than mindless suckup posting in invite forums. So stuff like Gamespot, Hydrogen Audio, Ultimate Guitar, there are endless possibilities. But I guess you could put down FST if that's where your online interest stops. I would include FST if your posting history shows you in a positive and helpful light, or at the very least an interesting personality
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 05-25-2011 at 07:19 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Speaking of which, I hate cnet hosted forums

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    So stuff like Gamespot, Hydrogen Audio, Ultimate Guitar...
    Oddly ghey every one .

I belong to Aryan Today , idolforums.com ( Go whatever your name is!!!!!), Taxidermy World and Mensa. I'm thinking if I apply I probably shouldn't mention the Mensa thing because I wouldn't want to risk turning anyone off at the thought of me being an intellectual.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I would include FST if your posting history shows you in a positive and helpful light, or at the very least an interesting personality
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I've put FST in when asked for forums on applications / interviews and been accepted. In fact, I believe PTN was one of them.
    I got into FSC using FST as a reference so shows what 1000possibleclaws knows.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 05-25-2011 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    When I hear about people filling out applications to join private bt, I get a gross feeling inside. Sort of like someone sliced open my testicle sack while I was asleep and a cockroach snuck inside to lay its eggs next to my eggs then starts running around in my body. Does anyone else get that feeling?
    It's probably just testicular cancer.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    It's probably just testicular cancer.
    So you're saying it's no longer benign, it has metastaphorized?

Edit: Metastaphorize (v) - The act of a metaphor spreading into a body in reality
    Edit2: The definition isn't for you MBM, I assume you would have gotten it... it's just that I realized I was in a thread where people fill out applications to get into private BT, and on top of that don't know how to answer the questions. This was a loud call that an explanation was direly needed.
    Last edited by mjmacky; 05-25-2011 at 10:34 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If it's running freely, that's not a good sign.

On the idea of BT applications, I think you are on to something. Having to prove your worthiness to a tracker does essentially go against my general concept of filesharing being a type of library. However, I've only applied to 3 (been accepted at each of them ) and those are the sites I find to be quite good.

Ideally, everyone would have access to all the info and entertainment they want without any politics, legal fears, or bullshit. It's about the media- sharing, discussing, and enjoying together.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    ^ Which begs the question, why would someone in their right mind apply to PTN in the first place? Exclusivity of nothing that isn't available elsewhere with more peers.

And you'll get a site full of people who for some reason enjoy this.
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 05-25-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast