Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trolls/flamers Etc

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    After bumping into Hypo on another forum I visit and instantly being called all the names he can think of (all 2 of them) and reading various posts here by certain members and after reading Hypo's statement of "I dod'nt come online to make friends"..........I just wondered what it is about people who Troll?

I mean ok they have a laugh to enter a forum.....stir as much as possible and leave the same day..........that I can understand to a point, but why keep doing it, they eventually end up being universally hated by the internet population...........personally that would depress me, I hate being enemies with anyone and always try to be a friend first.

So come on.............somebody please explain why do these people love to make themselfs hated?...........I really don't get it

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Cybermasochism??

Yogi

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Its for the attention and to have threads dedicated to nothing but them selves, the more people mention them the bigger their heads get.

Take for example a certain phylum Mollusca who posts here, would he be here day after day if he was just simply ignored?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    cos they aint liked in real life so they want to make other people feel pissed at them and make their day bad
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    In my opinion, it's just like the old adage about guys with small units needing to drive big cars, or play with big guns. It's called over compensation. In real life, these flamers are probably so timid and scared of everyone, they tend to get pushed around and stepped on a lot. Many of them are kids whose parents probably don't pay much attention to them. So to make themselves feel better, they take out their anger and frustration on strangers they meet online because they know they'll never meet them face to face.

In other words... because they can.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I think Nightwolf has it pretty much on the nose.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Arcadia@10 November 2003 - 15:55
    Its for the attention and to have threads dedicated to nothing but them selves, the more people mention them the bigger their heads get.

Take for example a certain phylum Mollusca who posts here, would he be here day after day if he was just simply ignored?
    So when are we going to start ignoring them?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    probably never

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    because they are all eejits.

more tea?
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234+10 November 2003 - 23:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Virtualbody1234 &#064; 10 November 2003 - 23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arcadia@10 November 2003 - 15:55

So when are we going to start ignoring them? [/b][/quote]
    Hey, where did i hear that before???

Yogi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast