Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: waffles.fm

I can understand your dislike of the Vuze ban, but how does being Gazelle-based be a disadvantage for What.cd? I think Gazelle fits a music tracker like a glove.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Merged comments for one. I am thanking the same idiot who made a 192Kbps in WMP and the one who went to the trouble of providing a perfect 1:1 copy of the album
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can use the log and the non-anonymity of uploading to see who uploaded what on whatcd. On waffles you have to guess who uploads the torrents, unless they are not anonymous.

edit: oh I see you're talking about leaving thanks. Well what can I say, the waffles sympathists are few are far between
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 06-06-2011 at 02:59 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quite honestly I don't see how that's a good thing. If anonymity is an impossibility on What, how much content don't they get? you don't have to quote any torrent numbers because you never see the ones that never dare upload.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Anonymity is idiotic in that sense anyway. If you're going to get caught by the RIAA for filesharing, it'll be by having your IP taken from an active swarm, not from a username on site (which is circumstantial). In many cases even with your IP, they won't know your username on site.

So the point of anonymity is...?

As for the rest of it, meh. The organizational features of gazelle far outweigh the loss of per torrent comments imo. But that's personal preference. I'll take the 3x more torrents and gazelle over anonymity and vuze any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Anonymity somewhat protects uploaders that upload many torrents.

Let's say someone uploads something and the IP is listed while being the only seed. If the username is not anonymous, then this person will have all other uploads visible as well, while if the user is anonymous they have that one IP and that's it. In the case of anonymous they would either need access to the database to get more info or check torrent after torrent after torrent to see if this is a one time deal or a regular massive uploader. The latter of course being what interests Anti-piracy more.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If you hide your uploads on your profile page, that'd force them to somehow sift through a million torrents by hand. Not exactly the most practical task in the world. It might be easier at Waffles since you can see the username from the browse list, but even then, without a "search by username" field it'd be a fruitless task in both cases.

I'm a pretty paranoid person when it comes to this sort of thing and even I realize it's stupid.

Edit: LOL Waffles has a search by uploader field. Well then, I suppose it's a good idea for them.
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-06-2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Merged comments for one. I am thanking the same idiot who made a 192Kbps in WMP and the one who went to the trouble of providing a perfect 1:1 copy of the album
    I see. Never been much of a commenter myself.

On the discussion above, I do think that if someone doesn't want to be acknowledged for the torrents they upload, or simply wish to make the fact they were the uploaders a bit less obvious, they should be able to hide their name from the details as Waffles allows you to do. But well, as far as I'm concerned, it'd be a largely cosmetic detail, not much of a big deal.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Except What uses Gaselle and bans Vuze. Ohh Nooes it's not the better site at all.
    Yes, yes it is. Nevermind that What has nearly 4 times the number of torrents; the sheer genius of their superior organization alone pushes me to be use What almost exclusively. That 'oink-ish' layout that Waffles still uses is horrific.

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Surprisingly of the two I like Waffles better.But then I generally prefer Bed and Breakfasts over 4 star hotels.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast