Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: waffles.fm

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    It's been a while since my ban from waffles, but from what I remembered it was a pretty solid site.

One feature I really enjoyed while being a member there was their waffle iron certification (not sure if this is still operational)
    All content is supposed to be top of the line, but the waffle iron was an extra test to show it is cream of the crop content.

What.cd content I get is around 99% perfect, but I knew when I was getting a waffle ironed torrent it would be 100% perfect...
    Also the old Oink community and waffles combined is certainly unparallelled to any other site's community experience (I personally enjoyed this, others may not)
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 06-09-2011 at 12:53 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I haven't downloaded anything from What since I found Waffles had allowed Vuze again, which meant I could go back to using it, thank God. I will use What again the next times I can't find a CD/track I want anywhere but there. I don't feel like running two clients just for one site. Either that or when What allows Vuze again, which will probably be around the time Hell freezes over.

BTW I also preferred Waffles when both sites were normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    It's been a while since my ban from waffles, but from what I remembered it was a pretty solid site.

One feature I really enjoyed while being a member there was their waffle iron certification (not sure if this is still operational)
    All content is supposed to be top of the line, but the waffle iron was an extra test to show it is cream of the crop content.

What.cd content I get is around 99% perfect, but I knew when I was getting a waffle ironed torrent it would be 100% perfect...
    No offense if you are a dog or something but except for someone printing out the statics so you can see, how do you tell the difference?
    I mean especially with Ke$ha.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 06-09-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post

Waffles has the Waffle Irons. What.cd has log scoring. What's the difference between an iron-approved rip on Waffles and a 100% log on What?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    As far as I know there have been troubles in the past with What log checker. WI approved rips are approved manually.
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    A human looks at it for WI approval rather than a PHP script. There's no practical difference. There are a few minor requirements for WI that aren't checked by the log checker (they enforce accuraterip and log checksums, for example). They also check your drive offset by hand, where if I recall correctly, What's logchecker only checks for a non-zero offset.

As far as audio quality is concerned, unless someone is using the wrong offset for their drive, there's no difference. It's mostly just ensuring it's a slightly nicer package and has a few non-audio related settings used. They also ensure that people don't leave file paths in their cuesheets.

I think if you're really into this sort of thing to the point that you care about the minor differences, you should be able to read the logs yourself and the checking is a moot point.

As far as I know there have been troubles in the past with What log checker.
    Examples, please? We're aware you hate them because they banned your torrent client, no need to spread that sort of thing though. There was some pissiness about deductions regarding gap detection for XLD (since earlier versions didn't document it in the logs, it was impossible to moderate), but I don't recall any outright "errors", just a few controversial decisions on settings/versions.

I'd be willing to bet after looking at hundreds of logs per day the occasional WI rip has a mistake as well. Humans are, after all, only human
    Last edited by ca_aok; 06-09-2011 at 03:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    Merged comments for one. I am thanking the same idiot who made a 192Kbps in WMP and the one who went to the trouble of providing a perfect 1:1 copy of the album
    Whenever I grab a 1:1 copy over at What I always make sure to mention the uploaders name in my thank you. This way there's no confusion.

I really don't see what the big deal is about that. I wasn't a fan of Gazelle at first, but now I think it's simply brilliant for a music tracker. Having said that though, I do like the atmosphere over at Waffles much more than What(there seem to be a lot more douchebags and staff suck-ups over at What).

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    A human looks at it for WI approval rather than a PHP script. There's no practical difference. There are a few minor requirements for WI that aren't checked by the log checker (they enforce accuraterip and log checksums, for example). They also check your drive offset by hand, where if I recall correctly, What's logchecker only checks for a non-zero offset.

As far as audio quality is concerned, unless someone is using the wrong offset for their drive, there's no difference. It's mostly just ensuring it's a slightly nicer package and has a few non-audio related settings used. They also ensure that people don't leave file paths in their cuesheets.

I think if you're really into this sort of thing to the point that you care about the minor differences, you should be able to read the logs yourself and the checking is a moot point.

As far as I know there have been troubles in the past with What log checker.
    Examples, please? We're aware you hate them because they banned your torrent client, no need to spread that sort of thing though. There was some pissiness about deductions regarding gap detection for XLD (since earlier versions didn't document it in the logs, it was impossible to moderate), but I don't recall any outright "errors", just a few controversial decisions on settings/versions.

I'd be willing to bet after looking at hundreds of logs per day the occasional WI rip has a mistake as well. Humans are, after all, only human
    If I remembered specifics I would mention specifics. The only one I remembered was the non-zero offset one.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    As far as I know there have been troubles in the past with What log checker. WI approved rips are approved manually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post

Thank you both for your answers once again. So a WI rip is just slightly "better" because the Irons check for small details the log checker doesn't. Personally, I don't download FLAC, but if I did, I'd take the mere fact the torrent is on one of the Ws and hasn't been deleted as a guarantee of quality.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Either that or when What allows Vuze again, which will probably be around the time Hell freezes over.
    I'm a what.cd admin and I'd be genuinely interested in knowing why you prefer using vuze over another client. Whitelisting it again is something I've considered, and I was about to get a few people to mass-test it until one of them made me realize what a mess it would be as far as support goes because of how bloated the client is. There are much better alternatives on both windows and mac now, so if you could tell me why you (or anyone else) prefer vuze I'd be interested. thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast