Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Hell are Ebooks so appealing!?

Bright screens, arched backs, honestly how can you guys stand it?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Well I turn down the brightness and contrast and watch my enormous LCD screen that's strategically attached to the ceiling above my luxury 4 poster bed. That's how... I do it ..and you?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I print out if I wanna read. I can't do it on the screen, it knackers me eyes....
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizeard View Post
    Well I turn down the brightness and contrast and watch my enormous LCD screen that's strategically attached to the ceiling above my luxury 4 poster bed. That's how... I do it ..and you?
    Lol that's hot.

I don't like ebooks. I ruins the [reading] experience for me. I read anywhere from crowded subways to gym locker-rooms, so luggin' around a laptop ain't gonna work. I heard some people put ebooks on pda's, though, and that's cool.

I might actually try that. Maybe there is a pda that has a usb port for my flash drive.

Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    I print out if I wanna read. I can't do it on the screen, it knackers me eyes....
    dude benchez, you better have put that print quality on draft, and black-and-white, because ink is kinda expensive. not to mention the paper. i don't want to do the math, put printing out a 2-300-page book might cost around 7 dollars. It depends on the ebook though, because some use a lot less ink than others.

Still i'd hate to be the one who has to staple together a 300-page book. Maybe staple it in chapters? Still a hassle to archive. Then again, maybe you have the big ol' filing cabinet for printed ebooks.

Just another thought, it would be more convenient (at least for me) if you bought a printer that, instead of printing 8-by-11.5in sheets, it printed something more like 5-by-7.2in sheets.
    Last edited by Brenya; 08-31-2007 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. Lounge   -   #5
    crabmed's Avatar No I.D., No Entry
    I print them and I have them soft-bounded..

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bornwithnoname's Avatar Bit Master BT Rep: +1
    I use my laptop at night and listen to audio books when I am on the road.

I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it. (Terry Prattchet)

7. Lounge   -   #7
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    same here but now i'm into audio books mainly

For Serving Community

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yeah, audio books are great for people who are verbal learners.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    dbmp's Avatar ubuntu <3 BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Yeah, audio books are great for people who are verbal learners.
    Or to lazy folks...

10. Lounge   -   #10
    I can't do ebooks, i can however to e-magazines, don't really know why.

I sometimes listen to audiobooks but then I feel like I'm in elementry school again.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast