Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The first season of HBO's Game of Thrones just ended and I must say, it was pretty goddamn excellent.
    A complex story with a variety of well developed characters (a good thing, given the deathrate), spectacular set design and HBO's trademark vulgarity.

Watch it from the beginning, immediately, if not sooner.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I've been waiting for the season to end to start watching. It looks like some tv-show I might appreciate, allhough 'historical' shows aren!t really my cup of tea. But I've been hearing/reading nothing but good things about Game of Thrones, so I Will give it a try.
    Last edited by Disme; 06-21-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Can you feel the LOVE

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    If anything, GoT is a political thriller dressed in swords and spiced with a touch of magic...it definitely is not a normal fantasy story.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I sort of watched the initial episode when it came out but I didn't see anyone worth cheering for so gave it a pass.
    Clearly one episode does not a series make but is there any character worth cheering for ?
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I sort of watched the initial episode when it came out but I didn't see anyone worth cheering for so gave it a pass.
    Clearly one episode does not a series make but is there any character worth cheering for ?
    The first couple of eps are used to introduce a vast array of characters and define the world they live in, so "bonding" with any particular person is difficult.
    After that though, things pick up quickly, the major plot points are more character driven and favorites are emerging.
    But...don't be fooled.

If you've avoided spoilers so far, I shan't ruin any surprises.
    Suffice to say, GoT is relentlessly unsentimental (so far, my favorite aspect of the show) and Peter Dinklage is marvelously entertaining.
    As is Emilia Clarke.

It would be an advantage to watch the series as one (which I did in a two day marathon with Rome) and avoid the week long delays but I'd wager that most wouldn't be able to wait that long for season two.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    swizZ8's Avatar pure hatred BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Best "soap" i have seen so far.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    loving it. currently on ep 7 and the show is quite good. unlike idol as soon as i saw the 1st ep i was hooked.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Ok, you convinved me, I'll grab a few episodes.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    You have to remember only one thing in this story the characters are becoming heroes and then they have to die painful . So if you have to choose a character to bond with choose the ones you normally hate.

The only real disadvantage is that it is a tv production and will be difficult to presents the battles of the following books (Just pre-ordered the 5th in amazon). Besides that it's the best production ever made for TV

Fuck and kill the Lannisters. All of them
    Last edited by brightsid; 06-21-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by brightsid View Post
    You have to remember only one thing in this story the characters are becoming heroes and then they have to die painful . So if you have to choose a character to bond with choose the ones you normally hate.

The only real disadvantage is that it is a tv production and will be difficult to presents the battles of the following books (Just pre-ordered the 5th in amazon). Besides that it's the best production ever made for TV

Fuck and kill the Lannisters. All of them
    The problem with that is I prefer my heroes to come out on top and my ending to be happy. I mean if I want to be depressed and see evil triumph over good I will just turn on the news or browse the bt section.
    Respect my lack of authority.

Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast