Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is PulsedMedia Seedbox Good ?

Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    ^ Yeah I meant dont worry. I quick google search and forums at tracker will tell you that some people even waited for 5-7 days before they go the box with equaly poor support.

I am boldy guessing that to they dont provide account untill they got enough people for a box or get a slot vacant to keep cost minimal. I would recommend considering other host such as Xirvik, Seedmybox etc next time which has <12 hr setup time and My experience say its less than 2hr in most of cases.
    Gone for Infinite Period

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Now i get response from ticket that they are finding difficulty finding the server and the server would be setup today.I know feral hosting who are extremely quick and great in there service but upload cap really hurts.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Well If they are setting up a new server for you that would be really good for you. You should really exploit next few days untill they over burden ur box. According to FSF pulsemedia used OVH so unless they have some magic trick which they claim to you will also have cap their.

Feral ofc have Absurd upload cap. I could never understand point of providing 1TB HDD when you limit brandwith to 5TB. Rest they are fine if you are not gonna use Auto-Download.
    Gone for Infinite Period

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Finally got the seedbox , how do i download http files ? and isn't there a browser in it ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    Xirvik, Seedmybox etc next time which has <12 hr setup time and My experience say its less than 2hr in most of cases.
    Pfff, they've taken days as well. Just google or check private forums....

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    According to FSF pulsemedia used OVH so unless they have some magic trick which they claim to you will also have cap their.
    .... they use unmetered OVH servers such as http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/superp...l?bp=unmetered though the SP10 and SP10R which aren't quite that expensive (about half the price). Also that FSF article is so old now none of what it says is relevant.

@absent you can just browse to data directory. something like user.server.pulsedmedia.com/data for example.
    Last edited by Thelen; 06-27-2011 at 03:20 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    ^ Please can you post here example of such review? Google did'nt helped me much exept a single post in which a guy was upset becouse they didnt said hello?
    Gone for Infinite Period

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    @Thelen
    I need to download files from http example - Mega Upload and others can you help , also anyone knows how do i configure to use seedbox as webproxy ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster
    cut copy paste, most of them are on private forums. you could check whirlpool though, there are comments about slow setup/support. anyway, point is everyone can be slow at times. and, you get what you pay for. you can't compare xirvik and pulsedmedia, for one xirvik is almost twice as expensive, so...

@absent, i don't know really you will have to look around for how other people do it. they just sell seedboxes, not "upload from X site, download to Y" etc. as for proxy, you can use the proxy tab, or you can use SSH tunnel.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I tried the proxy tab but it does not allow downloading of files greater than 98 mb.

I'll check the http using wget, Thelen do you know if i want to add up a extra HDD of 50GB how quickly can it be done now ?

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster
    The proxy isn't for downloading files, it is for proxying your web.
    You can also order extra disk yes, check upgrades section.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast