Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Most trusted source to get a windows image?

karachidude's Avatar Excelsior BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I've had a BIE release fail authentication after several months probably due to an automatic update, but have also had releases that are still working to this day. Lucky for me I have a legit Windows 7 key so if they fail I can just use that to fix it.
    same here,i was using the bie april version,started getting the windows not geniun msg,fortunately a friend gifted to me a ultimate geniun key,been using it know

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheBasement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    I honestly think you're all retards. Any decent private BT tracker should be carrying BIE releases:
    100% clean. 100% working w/ updates. When it comes to cracking programs, The Scene rapes. End of...
    Well obviously you're the retard since you lack proper reading comprehension. Go ahead and read the OP again, slowly this time and you might notice he specifically states he's not looking to download "executebles" and is looking for a "clean (stable and secure) windows image".
    Quote Originally Posted by OP
    very clean(stable and secure)
    BIE/other: Clean? Yes, because it's scene and is subject to standards, enforcement of said standards, and mass spreading resulting in awareness of possible malware by security companies. Stable? Yes, because it's up-to-date as can be immediately upon installation. Secure? Yes, because of these past two reasons, but still risks long term.
    P2P-"pure": Clean? Yes, because it's verified retail. Stable? Possibly, but you'd still need to download a heck of a lot of updates [possibly gbytes?] to match BIE stability. Secure? Possibly: lack of updates means for security holes for a while, but you can sleep easy knowing there's no malware isntalled upon installation, with the same long-term risks.

Result: It depends how much you trust The Scene for cracked software and games, and specifically BIE in this case. On the long term, you face just as many security risks though from dling pirated software of all kinds. At the end of both installations [of a BIE, an da "pure"], the end result will be a fully working Windows realeas, but if you [reader] maintain the principle that BIE is untrustworthy because you don't know what The Scene coders put in there, you'll be hard pressed to find any other form of secure pirated software around.

Conclusion: Grab a "pure" rls if you're both paranoid about immediate security, and ignorant about it in the long run [think you'll never, ever, ever, ever get a virus?], and given you can spare the time and bandwidth for a lot of updates. Grab BIE if you want to save yourself some time, bandwidth, and have come to the realisation that regardless of whether or not BIE code malware into their releases [which the processes of standards and enforcement of them dictate has not yet occured], you still stand just as much chance at getting the same malware from elsewhere in future.

*Note, if OP doesn't want to DL "executables" he shouldn't be wanting to run Windows. Fact: the crack for both BIE [164 kbyte] and "Pure"[3.5mbytes] releases, are executables. Although he may never have wanted the releases for piracy purposes, both BIE and "pure" meet his requirements, but to varying extents, and whether you run a genuine or pirated OS does not dictate by itself the amount of cleanliness, security and stability in the long term.
    Last edited by TONiC; 06-30-2011 at 04:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    I've had a BIE release fail authentication after several months probably due to an automatic update, but have also had releases that are still working to this day. Lucky for me I have a legit Windows 7 key so if they fail I can just use that to fix it.
    yeah, that's why i try to stay away from all those loaders... better to have the system as legit as possible. so for me the way is to get smth like "MICROSOFT WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE +SP1 X64/X86 RTM (UNTOUCHED) +Loader included [AH]" from IPT and then to perform a bios mod trick..
    Last edited by kukushka; 06-30-2011 at 04:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123