Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix This Mr Smarty Pants

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    how bout u reply to the guy who is actually trying to help u

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    How about posting only in one place like gameworld. Movieworld, the lounge, and hardwareworld is overkill.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    he's posting here cuz everyone's telling him it's a vd card prob. no prob man. i got the same card. apparantly no probs here. i keep my card nice and cool. i got like 7 fans in my comp!
    now, let's c. from up screenshots, it's mostlikely that ur vd card is overheating. happened to my friend's computer. to check, easiest way is to open the case, and gently put ur finger on the heatsink of the gpu. if it's a bit burning, or let's say 35-40 deg' C, it's fine. if higher, it should be fine. if higher than 50 or 55, u might have some probs. turn off ur comp, and leave it off for a while. like 1 nite. with the case open and keep it cool by opening all the windows. try it again

if same, actually, do this first! go into ur vd card settings, and make sure it's not oced. and switch all the settings to default. then try it again. ur game is fine, most likely overheating. try those, and see wat u get.

u don't have to leave it open for a nite, just blow some air, and let it cool off for a few minutes

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Try using different drivers.

Ive noticed drivers straight from the box are outdated.

If that dosnt help, check if the fan on your card is working propperly and their is no dust clogging it up.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    or u could always try under-clocking

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@11 November 2003 - 04:53
    or u could always try under-clocking
    exactly. set them all the default. and yea. the driver out of the box sucks. mine was so old, it didn't even work on my comp for some reason. get the newest one from nvidia. it's like 52. something

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    first moron noob dont post this freakin topic in 2 sections. second use the damn patch they put out to fix this problem with the FX line of cards jackass. i had this problem and before posting about it i was smart enough to look for a patch.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@11 November 2003 - 05:16
    first moron noob dont post this freakin topic in 2 sections. second use the damn patch they put out to fix this problem with the FX line of cards jackass. i had this problem and before posting about it i was smart enough to look for a patch.
    thanx man.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    second use the damn patch they put out to fix this problem with the FX line of cards
    can u give me a link or something.

Ge force FX 5200 128 mb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast