Thread: Deluge & chdbits

Poster BT Rep: +1
    I can't get into chdbits atm and I need to know whether or not Deluge is permitted at chdbits. I am in the middle of reinstalling Win 7 after a hard disk failure and don't want to use the new utorrent, after all I have read about it. Since this is a fresh installation, I don't want to be installing/uninstalling several different programs. Looking to make the move if it is permitted at chdbits.
    Here is my NEW Speedtest .:.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    it's not like anyone force you to install the last utor and it's not like it will hurt to have both deluge & ut and it's not like they can affect your system anywhere near to some adobe suite or ultramegaklite codec pack or some win7 superloader

Azureus 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 4.5.x

Deluge 1.2.3, 1.3.0

KTorrent 3.2.x, 3.3.x, & 4.x

rtorrent 0.8.x

Transmission 1.76, 1.92+, 2.01+

μTorrent 2.0.2, 2.0.3, 2.0.4 stable

μTorrent Mac 1.0.0, 1.0.1 stable
    Last edited by kukushka; 06-29-2011 at 03:18 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kukushka View Post
    it's not like anyone force you to install the last utor and it's not like it will hurt to have both deluge & ut and it's not like they can affect your system anywhere near to some adobe suite or ultramegaklite codec pack or some win7 superloader
    True. If you don't like uTorrent 3.x (which is perfectly understandable, given the crap UI), you can use the latest 2.2.1 build and run it side-by-side with Deluge. If you use a portable setup (i.e. create an empty settings.dat file in the same directory as uTorrent), it should take at most five minutes to "install" it.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Why would I want to install both? What are the advantages to doing that? Likewise, what about with a portable setup? Never heard or thought of that.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I was just expanding on kukushka's comment that two clients won't set your PC on fire. Since Deluge appears to be allowed on CHDBits, you can run just that one.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Okay! Cool.. . Thanks.. .

I'm back in now and noticed the list. I just hope Deluge is good.. .