Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are FTN seedboxes the best deal on the internet?

Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1

Question Mark

hello friends and girlsi am in shock, amazing offert!check:The specs are as follows: 2 six core xeon CPU's1.5TB drive10gbit unmetered uplink2GB RAM And it'll only cost you $49.99. (that's USD)It'll come preinstalled with your choice of software, whether it be Windows or Linux and whatever seedbox setup you want.Bedit: yes you'll still get an invite as well since it's still a donation.edit2: they're hosted in EuropeIncredible no????

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I thought "free iPad for answering this survey" was the best deal on the internet.
    Also sort of related but what real use is a seedbox?
    I mean I think for something to be "a good deal" it has to be useful, otherwise the hideous dog figurine I got at a yard sale for $5 and now have to keep in the closet would be considered a good deal.
    Maybe I should take offerts on it.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    And that 10Gbit line is shared with how many people?
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    A bigger worry would be how many people are sharing that 2 GB of RAM
    Last edited by stan; 07-02-2011 at 05:55 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You know better than that. Circumventing BitTorrent throttling, gaining access to better dl/ul speeds + the ratio-whore buffer that comes with it. These are it's main purposes and benefits, but as freemarket theory goes, providers have differentiated and diversified their services incredibly so [look at Santrex] in order to compete succesfully; FeralHosting for example allow you to run a VPN connection via the SB, meaning complete anonymity, as well as webhosting meaning you have a website for whatever the f00k you want.

Choose between: FeralHosting, Santrex, WhatBox, EvoBoxes, PulsedMedia, Xirvik, BigSB, Boxslots, and tal0ne and you will have enough choice of the absolute best providers around. IMO, if it has seedbox in the title/name, avoid, but that's just me judging books by their covers
    Last edited by TONiC; 07-05-2011 at 11:19 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TONiC View Post
    You know better than that. Circumventing BitTorrent throttling, gaining access to better dl/ul speeds + the ratio-whore buffer that comes with it. These are it's main purposes and benefits, but as freemarket theory goes, providers have differentiated and diversified their services incredibly so [look at Santrex] in order to compete succesfully; FeralHosting for example allow you to run a VPN connection via the SB, meaning complete anonymity, as well as webhosting meaning you have a website for whatever the f00k you want.
    Clearly I don't as none of those seem like actual uses to me especially the ratio-whore buffer thing.Actually hanging out here far too much I see that sort of buffering as the domain of traders . Traders and people that lack feelings of self-worth. Sort of like someone who would spend a large amount on iTunes downloads just so that they could belong to HDbits.
    Also since you are obviously a lot smarter than me please explain how having a faster download speed on a seedbox gets the files to my home computer any faster?
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-02-2011 at 07:47 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm good for you.
    Also since you are obviously a lot smarter than me please explain how having a faster download speed on a seedbox gets the files to my home computer any faster?
    For the most part it doesn't. But if a seedbox means being able to download/upload without being throttled [yes, there are alternative sharing protocols], or for that one time building a 5tbyte buffer @ TL [or any other private tracker] to guarantee your access to the latest content @ top speeds in the future [and cost-free long term at that], then to many the expenditure of as little as 6 Euros is worth it.

It also make uploading torrents to BT sites alot easier and quicker, as well as more anonymous, if you do not want to be using your home connection, though this really only applies to "stolen" content from other BT sites or The Scene, so "home-made" content would still take just as long to upload to the seedbox, but would receive a far quicker end distribution speed.
    Last edited by TONiC; 07-02-2011 at 08:20 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    So like I said basically no good reason.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I'm good for you.
    So like I said basically no good reason.
    Yous just jealous 'cos you pay for newznets or usebins monthly
    Last edited by TONiC; 07-02-2011 at 08:27 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    No I don't. I'm jealous of your ability to ignore reality though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast