Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forgot password of XLSX file.. please help

Quote Originally Posted by zot View Post
    ^^ It was a good trick 20 or 30 years ago, but the problem is that these 'classic' letter-to-number substitutions are now well-known, and dictionary-attack methods have been employing them for a long time
    It's better than nothing, though.

Even Google is wise to this; search for "c0mput3r" and Google returns results for "computer"
    That doesn't count. They're Google. They know everything.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Or would you call that encryption instead ?
    dont know mate this whole bloody office thing is still a mystery for me, it do different things at different time based on his mood
    for me the only working thing is M$ project, excel suks big time making me feels like mentally challenged.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    just out of curiosity xlsx (and docx files etc for that matter) are just Zip containers for the xml files etc (rename any file to a zip extension and load in winrar or similar) and you can see all the files, just a matter how and what is therefore passworded with relation to getting the data

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Evelyn's Avatar กก ƃɯo ƃɯo ƃɯo BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by aktiv8 View Post
    just out of curiosity xlsx (and docx files etc for that matter) are just Zip containers for the xml files etc (rename any file to a zip extension and load in winrar or similar) and you can see all the files, just a matter how and what is therefore passworded with relation to getting the data
    yes tried, that file will also ask for password :|

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    georged
    Or you can use a faster online recovery service like password-online.com.
    They are super fast. Decryptum and others don't offer to decrypt docx or xlsx passwords only the old format.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12