Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are FTN seedboxes the best deal on the internet?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    ??
    The logo in your signature...can't believe they didn't see it...fuck sake!
    Last edited by KFlint; 07-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    No I don't. I'm jealous of your ability to ignore reality though.
    [OT]
    Find a drug dealer?[/OT]
    Last edited by TONiC; 07-02-2011 at 08:36 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    So like I said basically no good reason.
    I have two that I didn't see tonic mention:

1. bandwidth caps on your home connection: I dont know about EU but here in North America a lot of isp's have started to limit how much you can download/upload each month on a residential connection. My isp (AT&T) started imposing caps of 150GB/mo on their dsl users. I use a seedbox so that I can still maintain my ratios while not going over my cap and paying $10 per 50GB in overage fees.

2. With a seedbox I don't need to leave my home computer on 24/7 and thrash the heck out of my HD. Its worth it to me to pay a few dollars a month and abuse the server's HD instead of mine.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal View Post
    So like I said basically no good reason.
    I have two that I didn't see tonic mention:

1. bandwidth caps on your home connection: I dont know about EU but here in North America a lot of isp's have started to limit how much you can download/upload each month on a residential connection. My isp (AT&T) started imposing caps of 150GB/mo on their dsl users. I use a seedbox so that I can still maintain my ratios while not going over my cap and paying $10 per 50GB in overage fees.

2. With a seedbox I don't need to leave my home computer on 24/7 and thrash the heck out of my HD. Its worth it to me to pay a few dollars a month and abuse the server's HD instead of mine.
    So you download a bunch of stuff that you never use.Wouldn't it just be cheaper and easier to not have a seedbox and not watch stuff through your home connection?

You could still look up things on IMDB and go "Hey I can pretend the HD that Green Lantern is sitting wasting space someplace is mine"
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-02-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I only pay $15/mo. its not much. And I share the home connection and the seedbox with two flatmates. So its not just me getting usage out from the two services.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I have a 60 GB cap and $1.50 per every GB over so your "suffering " is lost on me.
    Respect my lack of authority.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    The logo in your signature...can't believe they didn't see it...fuck sake!
    They're neither the first nor the last...

http://www.boredpanda.com/worst-logo-fails-ever/
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    I'm good for you.
    I have a 60 GB cap and $1.50 per every GB over so your "suffering " is lost on me.
    I'm guessing you live in Canada. Unfortunately, there isn't much you, or any one else can do. Your infrastructure is monopolised, and generally very poor due to lack of investment [it'd be huge. Imagine digging a trench along the width of Canada.]

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Unless you are a dedicated uploader at the site your on, i really cant see much use for this type of setup. Everything Idoleyes has said is 100 percent
    accurate regarding this setup.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I'm good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff 01 View Post
    Unless you are a dedicated uploader at the site your on, i really cant see much use for this type of setup. Everything Idoleyes has said is 100 percent
    accurate regarding this setup.
    The problem is many forget BT is about sharing [something that is enforced by a ratio in BT], because they pay 2 leech, via one click hosters, newzbins, FTPs, or just leech off public trackers, but ultimately don't know the pleasure of maxing out your home connection and getting content for free at the same time. Have a good ratio and you stay: high speed and free content whenever. Have a bad ratio and it's good-bye - no more content. So how do you get a good ratio? Donate, rent a seedbox, use your home connection. Whilst donating is good as it supports the site directly, it doesn't offer much in increasing your ratio. Home connections means leaving your computer on perhaps overnight, whilst also putting you at risk from the now invading anti-p2p companies. A seedbox is the perfect solution, and fact is, the industry for it wouldn't be as big as it is now if it wasn't.
    Last edited by TONiC; 07-02-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast