Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I Don't Understand

I actually finally started downloading a few songs to sample. When I listened to them, 75% of the time, at some point in the song, it breaks to an annoying screeching sound for a random number of seconds and the song resumes. It essentially ruins the purpose of the song. What I'd like to know is if there are companies and individuals out there who are sending these messed up songs out into the P2P world, why are those who download them keep them in their shared folder unless it is out of laziness to filter out the crap they get?

There just isn't that many people/companies doing this on purpose that it should affect us. It may be an annoying tactic to deter us, but that's all it is...annoying.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    The RIAA has their owe computers putting this stuff out there.

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Out of The Ordinary
    Try this thread.

welcome,
    BOT

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I still say we should all share our own screaching mp3's. We just name them with the title of the song we want and let the riaa replace them with the real thing.

A bit of reverse psycology maybe

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Those who download those files are noobs and probobly don't share whatsoever, good job RIAA, lol j/k

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Too much stuff to read in that other thread.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    And besides, I merely wanted to ask about ways people have found to get around the screech problem assuming it's from ripping. Or if the RIAA is putting those screeches in themselves and sending them out.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Kevin Phoenix@13 November 2003 - 06:00
    And besides, I merely wanted to ask about ways people have found to get around the screech problem assuming it's from ripping. Or if the RIAA is putting those screeches in themselves and sending them out.
    Probably some of both. And people keep them either because they just downloaded them and haven't heard it yet, or it's not bad enough for them to delete (I do have one or two songs that have a few seconds of annoying static in them, but the songs are mostly ok).

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I could never keep a messed up song like that. I keep searching until I find a good one.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    RIAA only has to become a SOURCE for your MP3 download briefly to ruin a song, and that's how they're working -- giving you a few KB of really wrecked data, then letting you get the rest from elsewhere.

Because it's basically 'spliced in', it causes eardrum-shattering noise as the sound waves spike from 0 to max instantaneously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast