Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats a good seedbox for a noob

whats a good seedbox for noob who doesnt know much about ftp's and linux, just basic windows click and drag interface.

what price any recommendations?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    I would strongly recommend not buying a seedbox. (also your post isn't in the right section)

But some suggestions to answer your question:
    1) Buy a windows server box
    2) Buy a seedbox with utorrent already installed. (doesn't matter what os then)
    3) Buy a seedbox with another torrent client with a web gui

It's been a while since I've used the utorrent web gui, But I have heard that it has undergone some major improvements.
    Also Ftp just stands for File Transfer Protocol (you should try running filezilla server and client to get some experience with it)
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 07-11-2011 at 05:27 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Oh sorry why wouldn't you recommend it?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster
    there are lots of providers that are easy to use. if you want a windows drag and drop interface though you'll have to pay a lot more as windows isn't free. but, the normal rutorrent/deluge type interfaces might be good enough.

anyway, check out pulsedmedia.com or bytesized-hosting.com both have personal support and very simply interfaces.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Get one of these http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/cart.php

just for you Thelen :-)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
    whats a good seedbox for noob who doesnt know much about ftp's and linux, just basic windows click and drag interface.

what price any recommendations?
    None.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    cool
    Last edited by justmike; 10-14-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: referral link removed

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    If a noob is looking for a seedbox I dont think a managed server that can be split up and resold would be a valid suggestion.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by unoriginal View Post
    If a noob is looking for a seedbox I dont think a managed server that can be split up and resold would be a valid suggestion.
    He has been spamming same post on every Article on FileNetwork. Posting according to thread is less Important then getting referrals u knw...
    Gone for Infinite Period

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsu View Post
    Oh sorry why wouldn't you recommend it?
    I mean what is your real reason for wanting a seedbox?

I know personally I run my an old computer in my basement with an ftp server, windows shared file, utorrent, and even host a web page off it.
    I have remote desktop to it via logmein.com and I've never once had a problem. Basically it's a home server.

I'm able to maintain good ratios on all of my sites with my current setup; therefor in my current situation I see little use for a seedbox. (as I basically run one...)
    My setup (now that I look back on it) is a bit overkill due to my torrent addiction, but I'm sure utorrent running on my main computer could maintain my ratios.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 07-14-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast