Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winamp 2.0

Hey guys, on my new comp I d/ld winamp 3. I gotta say.... it's HORRIBLE... it's slow, memory intensive, and just plain not worth it. I hate it so much. I miss the old winamp, it was so lite, plain and simple. While looking for it, all I've seen are 3 and 3.8. Anyone know where to get the old 2.0?

thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    muchspl2
    http://classic.winamp.com/download/index.jhtml

and get the enhancer, the greatest plug-in you can get, put it on general improvements and be amazed

http://www.i-adrian.home.ro/enhancer.htm

and its free can't beat that

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Does the enhancer work with Winamp 5?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    wow, thanks for the quick reply!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    muchspl2
    n/p

not sure it might, but if it doesn't switch, you won't believe the difference in sound quality

I remember someone saying it did work with 5, but I haven't got the bata yet, 3 really pissed me off like the poster, so I might try after the official winamp 5 release

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    winamp5 beta + enhancer
    works perfectly for me
    i've found no glitches yet

the enhancer beats DFX by quite a lot
    now if there was only an enhancer for WMP9 (i'm using DFX for that)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Cool. I'm gonna try it then.

WMP9 already has DSP technology built in. SRS WoW to be exact. It sounds pretty damned good.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    muchspl2
    I would advise against using wmp9, it contains DRM and is rumored to re wright the header of mp3's and even if it doesn't now, it will be a serious threat to us in the near future

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It only has DRM if you install it. Who in their right mind would?

I tried the enhancer. I remember using it a long time ago. Now I remember why I got rid of it. It's got some nice bass effects, but it mids and highs sound washed. It creates quite a bit a noice too, and a weird "clicking" sound when skipped through songs. I think I would prefer a flat generic, sound over noise.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    muchspl2
    well you don't know what your talking about, drm is embedded in wmp9 and there is no choice of accepting it or not, you have to in order to download wmp9??

PLEASE DO NOT GET THE LATEST VERSION OF WMP OR CONTINUE TO USE WMP9
    once you get wmp9, you can't get rid of it PLUS it has DRM

what the hell is drm you ask
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/drm.aspx

ohh well I'll just un-install it if its so bad

you can't, there is no un-install of wmp9
    http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-957704.html

from the link:
    Windows Me and XP users must rely on a feature called "System Restore" to roll back their Windows installation to a time before they installed Media Player 9 Series if the want to uninstall it. The clunky alternative doesn't really remove all Windows Media Player 9 Series files and could potentially wipe out other system changes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I think it contributes to all the fakes, person has it, players it with wmp9. rewrites the header, shares it, someone else players it, not the header for that machine, makes it corrupt
    conclusion:

please don't use this If you have it, and pleases don't get it if you don't
    just use winamp or anything else

as far as the enhancer, it doesn't hiss it must be your mp3's maybe they have already been re-written j/k but your the only person I have ever herd that didn't love it, so guess its all personal preference, but for anyone else reading it works well ESP on general improvements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast