Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can I get the invitation in (KG)

Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    That's nice.....how exactly did it fit in with the discussion or was this a hamfisted segue to a personal soapbox ?
    I extrapolated any word forms I could piece together from Arguti's hieroglyphic post.

I interpreted his post as:
    Why should this forum have a trading section and allow the users who use it to be treated like shit?

It might be a far stretch coming from his original post....

Quote Originally Posted by Arguti
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 07-19-2011 at 06:22 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tv Controls you View Post
    I extrapolated any word forms I could piece together from Arguti's hieroglyphic post.

I interpreted his post as:
    Why should this forum have a trading section and allow the users who use it to be treated like shit?

It might be a far stretch coming from his original post....

Quote Originally Posted by Arguti

fairy nuff, I thought it was particularly petulant myself, but it wasn't half as bad as the sanskrit from carlo, ah well they must be up past their bedtime and getting tired and scratchy.....

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    P2PDog's Avatar Beagle
    This is a very touchy subject that alot of members disagree on......

I personally believe a mixture of it all... Some good quotes from previous discussions:

Ca_aok:
    Very simply put. FST is a business, ads bring in money. Traders visit this site frequently since it's a large trading hub. More hits = more money, bing bang boom.
    The_Martinator:
    If they got rid of the trading section it wouldn't get rid of the traders. They'd still be here, but they'd just pretend not to be traders, like they do on other forums. Like it, or not, why not at least have it out in the open where you can see it?
    Take a look: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/416028-Trade?
    Just a small correction. It wasn't The_Martinator who made that quote...

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...=1#post3469181

OK, carry on...
    ONLY IN IT 4 TEH LULZ

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    English is not my mother language, that's why I'm not very active. If you want I can stay that way.

Can't see why my two options are ridiculous, basically if you have a trade forum you should treat the users with respect and not calling them stupid directly or not. And I don't mean the others post saying he shouldn't get the invite because those are opinions. If you can't respect them then you should put an end to those foruns. At least you would prevent a lot of spamming and trolling.
    Last edited by Arguti; 07-19-2011 at 01:52 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Arguti View Post
    English is not my mother language, that's why I'm not very active. If you want I can stay that way.

Can't see why my two options are ridiculous, basically if you have a trade forum you should treat the users with respect and not calling them stupid directly or not. And I don't mean the others post saying he shouldn't get the invite because those are opinions. If you can't respect them then you should put an end to those foruns. At least you would prevent a lot of spamming and trolling.
    If it makes you feel any better, english is not my first language either.
    As for the remaining part, I'd rather keep quiet than argue.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by P2PDog View Post
    This is a very touchy subject that alot of members disagree on......

I personally believe a mixture of it all... Some good quotes from previous discussions:

Ca_aok:

The_Martinator:
    If they got rid of the trading section it wouldn't get rid of the traders. They'd still be here, but they'd just pretend not to be traders, like they do on other forums. Like it, or not, why not at least have it out in the open where you can see it?
    Take a look: https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/416028-Trade?
    Just a small correction. It wasn't The_Martinator who made that quote...

https://filesharingtalk.com/threads/4...=1#post3469181

OK, carry on...
    Why you....! Finally I was given some credit for something I didn't do. DO YOU have any idea how hard that is for me?

Arguti, in every day life, do you always get treated with a smile and does everyone always like you? I don't and I prefer people being honest to me, tbh.
    Last edited by The_Martinator; 07-19-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    At least you would prevent a lot of spamming and trolling.
    As opposed to exactly what ,a bunch of insincere ass-kissing ,pointless facts and idiots attempting to trade their way into places that they obvious have neither need or respect for?
    Also why should I show respect for anyone that given the situation clearly doesn't deserve any? I'd seriously rather be permanently banned from FST than be forced into such hypocrisy.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 07-19-2011 at 04:21 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    English is not my mother language
    It's not mine either. A large chunk of the regulars doesn't have English as a first language.

About n00bz0r's post, which you classified as offensive - we were all new to this stuff once, but I don't think starting a thread here to ask a question that would have been answered within a minute of looking at the trackers' own FAQ is very bright.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Also why should I show respect for anyone that given the situation clearly doesn't deserve any? I'd seriously rather be permanently banned from FST than be forced into such hypocrisy.
    Well, you should ignore them then.

It's just strange that a forum encourage trading with a specific section and let 90% of it's users making fun of them.

But now I guess the problem is mine, I'm not used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post

Arguti, in every day life, do you always get treated with a smile and does everyone always like you? I don't and I prefer people being honest to me, tbh.
    Yeah, maybe I'm overreacting... I was just trying to understand why these discussions seem to don't have an end here.
    Last edited by Arguti; 07-19-2011 at 05:06 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    That's simple, because people have taken chances on other new people before and most have been screwed over by these new people (trading, cheating, etc. resulting in a warning or worse). You tend to get negative. Also, there are virtually no traders here that trade because they don't know any better, they do it to use trackers as sort of a currency. Generalising is never a good thing, but here we're talking about 99% and I'm not sure about the other 1%....
    I'm back. The downside is that I'm also old now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast