Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: My bcg account

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    why bcg dont allow mibbit?
    Mibbit has the side-effect of working as a proxy, by connecting and transferring messages from and to the server for you. Since proxies are prone to abuse, many trackers' IRC networks ban it entirely.

About "I don't want to get my PC infected"... just get mIRC and run it inside a sandbox.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Cut-Copy-Paste's Avatar FST Satan BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post

About "I don't want to get my PC infected"... just get mIRC and run it inside a sandbox.
    Mirc is a Trojan?

@bijoy
    You have only one active account on which u got disable. Ironically no one banned your inactive account and asked u 1st??
    And for that survery thing if its anything remotly related you forgot to mention the bribe you paid to get permission. I think its upto local people if they want to be part of survey or not and not some officers.
    Btw what kind of survery it was? Today some Airtel guys came to survey in our coloney. I had good time shouting at dem why I dont use Airtel for its FUP.
    Gone for Infinite Period

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    Mirc is a Trojan?
    He said he didn't want to use a chat applet or client to avoid getting malware or something like that.

About surveys, one day some guys phoned to ask what I thought about my ISP. It's something...
    Last edited by anon; 07-19-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: oh anon ffs what it is with you making typos r u on a laptop keyboard or somethin

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    You can get malware from chatting on Mirc? Or is that if you use the app for file transfer?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Tv Controls you's Avatar Resistance is Futile BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    You can get malware from chatting on Mirc? Or is that if you use the app for file transfer?
    Possible sources of intrusion.. that I can think of:
    1) exposes your ip address (Mirc allows for the use of socks proxy, so this can be avoided if really that large of an issue)
    2) Using file transfer (just simply don't use it... or run in a sandbox as anon said)
    3) clicking an external link ( could lead you to anything)

Irc clients are associated with "malware, viruses, and trojans" due to a large number of botnets being controlled through irc.

..... In the end, you have more of a chance downloading a virus from your cracked Mirc than using it for its basic chat functions.
    Last edited by Tv Controls you; 07-19-2011 at 05:49 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Alright thanks, nothing I didn't know. Basically don't be an idiot and you're fine, and really the issues here apply the same way as when using internet browsers...
    Last edited by 1000possibleclaws; 07-19-2011 at 05:50 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    we dont allow mibbit

This is silly though me being a go between here lol but X says

Global Ban, and not sure why you should care as you would rather use bitgamer than BCG, you even said it yourself in the BG forum (but i am not a member of BG either so..)
    As far as I can remember I'd bg account before I joined bcg (aug, '10) and rarely used it after that. That's it.

It looks like my two thread bring some life back in FST BT section. Thank me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Copy-Paste View Post
    And for that survery thing if its anything remotly related you forgot to mention the bribe you paid to get permission. I think its upto local people if they want to be part of survey or not and not some officers.
    Well, it was a survey from our uni, managed by our uni District Magistrate himself. So, forgot about bribe. We weren't doing favour to anyone by taking that survey but only helping ourselves with our project. Hope you got my point of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000possibleclaws View Post
    Alright thanks, nothing I didn't know. Basically don't be an idiot and you're fine, and really the issues here apply the same way as when using internet browsers...
    Actually I've 2 servers running all the time at my PC. So, I browse through nzbs, usenet, torrents only in this OS, which is running inside vmware. But I don't have 100% believe in virtualization technique provided by vmware at hardware level. So, prevention is the best way to go.

Addition: just had a chat with one bcg staff in their irc. Nice fucking attitude.
    One friendly suggestion for him: he should change his attitude before staffing anything in real life, otherwise he will have various problems.
    Last edited by bijoy; 07-20-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Teh n00b.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoy View Post
    Addition: just had a chat with one bcg staff in their irc. Nice fucking attitude.
    One friendly suggestion for him: he should change his attitude before staffing anything in real life, otherwise he will have various problems.
    Let me guess... Cirno refused to re-enable your account?

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    it was poolshark actually, who has staffed at a number of sites.

Honestly though i dont know the finer points of this, if he was caught red handed its his own fault, if its a case of mistaking identity, or a reason for it, he didnt really explain himself very well in IRC.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Also lol@ not believing in VMs and believing IRC clients will give you malware.

The only way you're getting malware from a client is if the crack is a virus (solved by using a free client) or if you accept file transfers from random people (which I've never received in several years of IRC use). I suppose your IP could be exposed if you respond to certain DCC requests, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast