Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: My bcg account

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well for me, you are not really a user then, you are just a member. (pruned accounts dont even login, never mind use the place)

Yes having lots of "members" doesnt exactly put a lot of strain on the server, having lots of "Users" does, so if you never prune, have 400,000 members (an example as thats nearly the amount of members we have had through the doors, yes a lot of dupes but thats the number) and they all decided to come back and use the tracker, the server wouldnt like it one bit lol

but for the time being we have stopped pruning anyway.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Then how come as a "GOOD user" you still get disabled for inactivity?
    Because trackers want active users, not those that take up a spot and don't use the site. Most trackers don't purge accounts, so you can still get reenabled - most likely only once or twice though, if you still don't use your account then you really don't need it anyway.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by k800i View Post
    Not really, a good user doesn't cheat or trade/sell accounts/invites, in other words: He/she doesn't break major rules
    Then I satisfy your definition of a good user. I was also an active user at hdbits, so I wasn't just taking up space. Even though I am a n00b in some sense, try to forgive me for that. I don't wanna hijack this thread by talking about me, but try to forgive me and tell the hdbits admins, "Please forgive Oleg. Please re-enable his account and allow him to post on the forums and join irc."
    I love FST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Then how come as a "GOOD user" you still get disabled for inactivity?
    Because trackers want active users, not those that take up a spot and don't use the site. Most trackers don't purge accounts, so you can still get reenabled - most likely only once or twice though, if you still don't use your account then you really don't need it anyway.
    If this was a fencing match I would be standing on the mat ,sword at the ready while you were off in a corner somewhere trying to download Angry Birds onto your iPhone.
    Respect my lack of authority.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Not really, a good user doesn't cheat or trade/sell accounts/invites, in other words: He/she doesn't break major rules
    Then I satisfy your definition of a good user. I was also an active user at hdbits, so I wasn't just taking up space. Even though I am a n00b in some sense, try to forgive me for that. I don't wanna hijack this thread by talking about me, but try to forgive me and tell the hdbits admins, "Please forgive Oleg. Please re-enable his account and allow him to post on the forums and join irc."
    Teh n00b.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    a7x's Avatar ǝɟıl sı ɔısnɯ
    Not again OlegL, leave this thread alone from your stories..
    Thank you better2reign You are Awesome.
    Music is Life ©
    https://www.facebook.com/Adrenaline.Junkie.a7x

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678