Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCG opens up IRC channel for invites

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I am not sure about very very small we do have 40,000 members, but only 10,000 unique peers (even though we have about 150,000 seeders)

I opened up, it didnt work, we had referrals it didnt work, so may as well try this.

its a bit quiet atm, but then it always is in the summer, not a lot of games coming out, but it seems to be more dead than usual.

and its got nothing to do with the server upgrade, new members very rarely donate, think the last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned), (if thts what you meant anyway, reading back i dont think it was)

It is also not going to be 1000`s of new members, only 4-5 staff are doing the interviews, so it will hopefully be a steady stream, but will take awhile to reach any significant figures, but its worth a go.
    Last edited by stoi; 07-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by funkysourav View Post
    does the maximum userbase a tracker can maintain depend on the power of the server?
    More active users will demand more resources, logically enough. That's why FileList.ro (which is said to have 200000+ users) owns 17 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned)
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    bijoy's Avatar secret lover BT Rep: +1
    last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned
    Best fact about p2p site, I came to know till date.
    Teh n00b.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    think the last time we opened, we got 6,000 new members, 5 donated, and 3 of those as they thought they wouldnt get banned (which i refunded, and they did get banned), (if thts what you meant anyway, reading back i dont think it was)
    very sad figures
    but i guess that has to do with the maximum of the users of BCG being Teenagers who are still studying and unemployed, like me

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    and its got nothing to do with the server upgrade, new members very rarely donate

Because you don't motivated them as they want. Some of GB will not work at all ... its all about good perks "donation star-immunity against ban with some exception-diffrenet color username-voice IRC- etc... " even if you think of they were stupid things but that will be nothing if you compare it with what you will have of bucks

just think as they do

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I do, thats why we dont have perks (well not good ones anyway lol)

I am not stupid, i know how to make a fortune from a tracker, but the way its done is just wrong 99% of the time. IMHO

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    a7x's Avatar ǝɟıl sı ɔısnɯ
    Games. Teenagers. No Money.
    Make sense.
    Thank you better2reign You are Awesome.
    Music is Life ©
    https://www.facebook.com/Adrenaline.Junkie.a7x

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    or members like this, which is from about 4 hours ago.

Remove the bullshit SP system
    I donate money INSTEAD of seeding. For this I am being punished with bullshit download limitations.
    Fuck that shit. Blackcats has gone from the most desired game-tracker a couple of years ago to the most jewish, shit-tracker.
    Keep my fucking donation, I'm leaving.
    My reply

the most time you have spent on any of your torrents is 1 hr 20 minutes, if you want to donate to get out of the shit, then be my guest and go somewhere else, if this is how you torrent we dont want you.

I have just refunded your cash as i dont want your money either.

but i am not going to ban you, and you can keep the gigs etc, all you have to do is seed, if you stick around and learn the system fine, if not, then just dont sign in.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I join to the site again

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    or members like this, which is from about 4 hours ago.
    Remove the bullshit SP system
    I donate money INSTEAD of seeding. For this I am being punished with bullshit download limitations.
    Fuck that shit. Blackcats has gone from the most desired game-tracker a couple of years ago to the most jewish, shit-tracker.
    Keep my fucking donation, I'm leaving.
    Thats just sad
    some people are just not willing to learn
    SeedPoints are the real reason older torrents rarely get dead in BCG(in my experience)
    some people who have seedboxes or good home connections are just not willing to be seeding long term

if the SeedPoints system is removed for the Global ratio system, BCG would become just another 0Day Niche site with lots of dead torrents and no retention
    which is undesirable
    because people would download the latest torrents and seed and H&R (repeat the process till they get a good buffer)
    and H&R with the accumulated buffer all over again

a normal user needs what? 1-2 days at max to appreciate seedpoints?

BTW
    SeedPoints are the only reason i can survive at BCG,
    i have an actual ratio of 0.4, but Global ratio of 1.2 (thanks to SP )
    my actual ratio would've gotten me disabled on any other tracker (yes my upload speeds really suck)
    to make up for it and as gratitude to the nice system i seed my torrents for 15 days or more, each
    i get 1:1 after an average of 4 days, but i see no harm in continuing seeding
    Last edited by LazyGuy; 08-01-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast