Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is bitcomet banned on most private trackers?

Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I had no idea about that , it is the only tracker that encourages people to use bitcomet

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I think I used this client the last time when Suprnova was still alive and kicking...

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    I think I used this client the last time when Suprnova was still alive and kicking...
    Back when I was getting started with torrents (circa 2004-2005), 80% of people in my peerlists were BitComets indeed. That was obviously on the pre-uTorrent days. If I recall, either I was an idiot or there weren't many good clients to choose from (Azureus was a letdown because I only had 256MB of RAM, and BitTornado could only do one torrent per instance).
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Stabber's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I don't understand why bittornado only uses one instance per torrent

ABC is bittornado with queue system , but it is banned in most private trackers , although it is basically bittornado

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    That may be because bitcomet disconnected all other clients, so all you were connected to was bitcomet.

Bitcomet
    Burst (i think it was called, was good because it was multi torrents, but had a min upload speed of 5KBs per torrent, not 1KBs over all your torrents like they have now)
    BitTornado (best client by a mile)
    Az (was even shite back then imho)

That is all that spring to mind though, then there was that suprnova one they brought out, whatever happened to that anyway. started with an E if i remember correctly.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabber View Post
    I don't understand why bittornado only uses one instance per torrent
    BitTornado is basically a fork of the (then) official BitTorrent client, which for whatever reason only supported one torrent per instance, and that wasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    Burst (i think it was called, was good because it was multi torrents, but had a min upload speed of 5KBs per torrent, not 1KBs over all your torrents like they have now)
    uTorrent also used to have that. If your global upload speed was less than 6kB/s (individually you could set it to whatever you wanted it without penalties), your download would be limited to UploadSpeed*6. Even though not unbeatable, that was a good anti-leeching measure, so I don't know why they removed it.

then there was that suprnova one they brought out, whatever happened to that anyway. started with an E if i remember correctly.
    Exeem.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    It was a good preventative measure anon... I agree they should not have removed it... it could easily be beaten but most of the users wouldn't bother or know how to. They more than likely removed it to give their client superiority... if people knew it worked like that and other clients didn't they would prefer to use a client that gave them max download speed regardless to what they were uploading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12