Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Overclocked Sucessful!

Keikan's Avatar ........
    O ya I pushed it again now my cpu runs at 466mhz
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Let it sink in a bit.

Then run PC Mark 2002 and let us see how you did.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    like the thing said. its only a 2% increase so u wont see taht much of a diff. and if u use it for every day work u definately wont see the diff.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by kazaaliterock@11 November 2003 - 05:27
    like the thing said. its only a 2% increase so u wont see taht much of a diff. and if u use it for every day work u definately wont see the diff.
    looks like a 12.5% increase to me
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    OK i tried overclocking to 466mhz but it wouldn&#39;t load win2k same thing for 450mhz

Dammit those people on www.overclockers.com are lyers

I wonder if i&#39;ll see any improvement in GTA3?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    I overclock my AMD Athlon "T-Bird" to 1.2 Ghz from 1.0 Ghz,
    don&#39;t see any improvement either

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Yeah Zazu, but where are you looking?

DL a copy of PC Mark 2002 and run some benchmarks. There is almost no way that you can objectively assess your progress without repeatedly running a test like this every time you make a change and then comparing the numbers.

Make sure that you have some good temp monitoring software installed so you can keep a close eye on your CPU.

If you have clocked up your chip did you also tighten up your memory timing also?

Besides being fairly tedious, OCing can be surprisingly frustrating and certainly potentially harmful so you must be patient and willing to take baby steps.

In the end, unless your machine was in truly pathetic condition to begin with, chances are you won&#39;t really feel a big difference. You will however have the satisfaction of knowing that you&#39;ve made it run as well as possible.
    If that&#39;s not enough for you then it&#39;s time to go out and drop major dollars on some new hardware.

BTW, I do not want to present myself as an expert in the area of overclocking. I have done quite a bit of reading ( there are numerous sites devoted to the subject), but only recently have I begun to dabble in the actual practise. My machine is ( at least for now) air-cooled and I was very careful not to overstress the components.
    After making a change I not only ran PC Mark to see if I had gained (or lost) anything, but I also ran burn in tests to determine if the configuration was stable and if temps remained acceptable.
    So far I have made some pretty good gains without suffering from random reboots or unacceptably high temps.
    As a purely intellectual exercise OCing has been very rewarding, but I can&#39;t really say that I can feel any difference.

Also...
    Be very skeptical of recommendations/results that you will see posted in some of these sites. Overclocking is definately a example of "My dick is bigger than yours" and I&#39;m convinced that people exaggerate ( and even outright lie) just to impress their peers. Even if true, what works for one person&#39;s rig may be fatal to yours. You can certainly gain insight and direction from these folks, but let your own results be your ultimate guide.

And be prepared to clear your CMOS often...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+11 November 2003 - 06:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob &#064; 11 November 2003 - 06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kazaaliterock@11 November 2003 - 05:27
    looks like a 12.5% increase to me [/b][/quote]
    uhh cuz he overclocked again after my post lol

but i suggest just goign out to buy a new processor rather then trying to oc this ne more.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    try hitting 1Ghz

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    SciManAl's Avatar Hardware guy
    hehehe
    BTW, I do not want to present myself as an expert in the area of overclocking. I have done quite a bit of reading ( there are numerous sites devoted to the subject), but only recently have I begun to dabble in the actual practise. My machine is ( at least for now) air-cooled and I was very careful not to overstress the components.
    After making a change I not only ran PC Mark to see if I had gained (or lost) anything, but I also ran burn in tests to determine if the configuration was stable and if temps remained acceptable.
    So far I have made some pretty good gains without suffering from random reboots or unacceptably high temps.
    As a purely intellectual exercise OCing has been very rewarding, but I can&#39;t really say that I can feel any difference.

Also...
    Be very skeptical of recommendations/results that you will see posted in some of these sites. Overclocking is definately a example of "My dick is bigger than yours" and I&#39;m convinced that people exaggerate ( and even outright lie) just to impress their peers. Even if true, what works for one person&#39;s rig may be fatal to yours. You can certainly gain insight and direction from these folks, but let your own results be your ultimate guide.

And be prepared to clear your CMOS often...
    I clear my CMOS so often i just made a swith that resets it... hehehehe... dude looks like you are doing well Ocing is not easy, those dam Cpus can be stuborn as hell but stick with it, remember, you are telling your proccesor to go faster than it was originally told to go... it is walking in the dark, and can very easily get caught on something.. overheating, power input, FSb many different variables... and even though on my rig i can push to 3 gigahertz, it doesn&#39;t run stable... and so make sure even if not the prog clocker said then get something to test for stabibility and to get temps within an exeptable range...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast