Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest me a media player.

whatcdfan's Avatar A.W.A BT Rep: +2
    Hay all,

I am using WMP since the release of version 11 and now version 12, I liked everything about it especially the GUI ( I love the artworks as much as I love music), WoW effect and the ability to download the tags from AMG. Now I am having trouble with it as its not reading the tags of some lossless albums, even if I edit the tags manually then it again doesn't read them. Every new album that I add to library get lost in my collection, there is no feature like "latest addition" or anything.

Suggest my a media player that has a clear Artwork based GUI, ability to automatically download and edit the tags, easy to navigate and most importantly has the best sound. Ability to play WAV, AAC, AC3 and Xvid.

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    Flip a coin, heads use Winamp, tales use Songbird. Obviously I don't know of any other players.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    Foobar. Extremely light on RAM usage, proper DSP support, surround sound outputand interface customization. And it actually has instant play, unlike other players that boast it. [EDIT:] If you're willing to put forth the effort and time into your first setup of Foobar, it will reward you by being one of the best pieces of software on your system. Along with its plugins it can do everything you want and more.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-12-2011 at 05:55 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    Suggest my a media player that has a clear Artwork based GUI, ability to automatically download and edit the tags, easy to navigate and most importantly has the best sound. Ability to play WAV, AAC, AC3 and Xvid.
    I've tried a number of players over the years, and always ended up sticking to Winamp 2.95. Don't know about the artwork, but as far as I know it has everything else you're mentioning. I only use it to play MP3s and listen to Internet radios, however.

By the way, ringhunter is totally right about foobar's tiny memory footprint - we're talking about a single megabyte. If you're a performance freak, you should definitely check it out.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmacky View Post
    Flip a coin, heads use Winamp, tales use Songbird. Obviously I don't know of any other players.
    Winamp was the second choice obviously, better to hear what others sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    Foobar. Extremely light on RAM usage, proper DSP support, surround sound outputand interface customization. And it actually has instant play, unlike other players that boast it. [EDIT:] If you're willing to put forth the effort and time into your first setup of Foobar, it will reward you by being one of the best pieces of software on your system. Along with its plugins it can do everything you want and more.
    Looks good, has a lot of customizable settings, I will test it and post the results

Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    I've tried a number of players over the years, and always ended up sticking to Winamp 2.95. Don't know about the artwork, but as far as I know it has everything else you're mentioning. I only use it to play MP3s and listen to Internet radios, however.

By the way, ringhunter is totally right about foobar's tiny memory footprint - we're talking about a single megabyte. If you're a performance freak, you should definitely check it out.
    I will also try the latest winamp, if i'm not satisfied with Foobar. Little memory usage helps but if I get what I'm looking for, it doesn't matter a great deal.
    Last edited by whatcdfan; 08-12-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Winamp 5 demands a little more CPU, even with the special effects disabled. The UI was pretty cool, however.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Winamp 5 demands a little more CPU, even with the special effects disabled. The UI was pretty cool, however.
    As I said, Little more resource usage won't bother me, if I get like able GUI, winamp 5, when I last tried it about 2 years ago, has an awesome sound quality output.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Looks like amaroK is available on Windows too (non-stable)

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Download:Windows

I'm sure there's a proper port somewhere if you look hard enough.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    superpagla's Avatar Poster
    If u love lyrics while playing the song....I suggest winamp...And I think most of the music lover will suggest winamp....

And for playing HD video....I think there is no substitute for splash......

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    i'm using GOM player and i'm very happy with it

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast