Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Bi-annual there's too much trading and not enough giving , givng away stuff thread*

Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitUser View Post
    ^^^ If you get into what.cd and become PU in there then you will get bitme invite from PowerUser forum of what.cd
    This will take some time but in the meantime you can sure try for the bitme invite but if you don't get the invite then don't be worry you will get it from what.cd PU forum. Not only the bitme you can find other site's invite in there too. If you are honest user of private tracker then you will have the invite of the site which you are looking for.
    Great! I will do my best effort to pass the interview.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #32
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by pastoral View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElitUser View Post
    ^^^ This will help you
    http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/
    It seems not very difficult to receive an invite.
    I guess you missed the part form him being from Romania.

Romania:
    • AceTorrents (signup)
    • BCG (signup - some dynamic IPs)
    • BitMeTV (not sure yet)
    • DIDIDave (global)
    • Exigo (global - some dynamic IPs)
    • Fux0r (global)
    • GFT (signup)
    • Lossless World (global)
    • Pedro's BTMusic (global)
    • PolishTracker (partially: 79.112.0.1 - 79.119.255.254)
    • RevTT (signup)
    • SCC (all around, but there are exceptions)
    • TorrentBytes (signup - it always says "user limit reached")
    • What.cd (IRC interview)
    • x264 (signup)

Maybe he can get around that somehow by using a server or something but in my mind that would make him dishonest and therefore not the precise definition of a "good user".
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-19-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #33
    I suggested the interview on page one.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Maybe he can get around that somehow by using a server or something
    Don't, proxies are forbidden there and they're pretty good at catching them. Commercial VPNs and seedboxes are probably okay.

One thing you can do is looking for What.cd giveaways in trackers' invite forums. Those are sanctioned, and users from banned countries are only blocked from the interview - anyone can join if invited normally.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #34
    Quarterquack's Avatar sprclfrglstcxpldcs BT Rep: +3
    I'd like to request an invite to YourPants.org, Idol.

First let me start off by listing why I would like to get an invite. I've heard nobody's gotten in there in a very long time, with no invites being handed out in the past 24 years. That makes it exclusive. And that makes me want it. While you and I can sit here and argue about the merits or lack thereof of exclusivity, its benefits have been seen throughout the ages. Witches are dunked in water, Illuminati are hunted daily, choir boys are hand picked, and American Idol contestants always cry. It's indisputable, therefore, that whilst all these setbacks are present, members of these groups continue to prolong their membership, so the gains must mitigate the sacrifices made. That and exclusivity feels good. It's why you and Flint want to feel awesome by liking hockey instead of our, you know, actual national sport. The last defense to be made for this case, is that in context of the site's content (which I've heard amounts to anywhere between god-thats-it-? and wheres-the-hidden-camera-this-has-to-be-a-joke) exclusivity could be a mutual benefit for the both of us.

I've also heard that the member base is rather newbie friendly, and is not that big. That helps because I'm a newbie and haven't learnt the ropes all that well, and would rather do it with a small member base at first than get confused or thrown around by larger ones. You know, build up experience, before I mingle with larger sites.

I heard that members like certain kinds of movies like Mulholland Dr. and Brokeback Mountain in HD so that the gritty scenes take up more than one pixel, so really, my kind of place. I listen to smooth jazz while searching the site, only in FLAC, so that I can really hear the angels sing while doing it.

Invite, please?
    Ellipses go here.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #35
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm not sure where you heard about this exclusivity, Darth. The site has open enrollment on weekends, and even allows anonymous users occasionally.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I'm not sure where you heard about this exclusivity, Darth. The site has open enrollment on weekends, and even allows anonymous users occasionally.
    But how do they keep the member base so small, then?

EDIT: Can more of the site's users step up and give me more information about it?
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-19-2011 at 06:02 PM.
    Ellipses go here.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #37
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Rings View Post
    But how do they keep the member base so small, then?
    I've been offered A LOT of invites by staff, but the site suffers from too much hit-and-run, and turn-over. I've also heard that they beg for donations- shamelessly. Heck, I've heard you can buy an invite with VIP privileges for like $2. And that's Canadian money.

Personally, I don't think it's the kind of site you'd want to associate with.
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #38
    ElitUser's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Ohh, I don't know pastoral is from Romania

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    I've been offered A LOT of invites by staff, but the site suffers from too much hit-and-run, and turn-over. I've also heard that they beg for donations- shamelessly. Heck, I've heard you can buy an invite with VIP privileges for like $2. And that's Canadian money.

Personally, I don't think it's the kind of site you'd want to associate with.
    This is a great deal of information!

Alright, some more questions then:
    - You said you can buy invites with VIP privileges. Does that mean I can buy myself the invite as well as VIP status, or get invites to share them around through the VIP offer?
    - Can any user up-load to the site, or does one have to be of special class to be allowed the rights?
    - Is there any recruitment done in private messages, or is it more of a "If you know about it, then take the interview", process?
    - Cheating. What is the site policy on that?
    - Does the administration allow us to take screenshots of the site for ratio proofs on other places, or is it forbidden to show the site outside of its own confines?
    - Does the staff get a rise out of every little thing that's said?
    - Will the staff allow criticisms to be said about them or the way they run things?
    - Is the rate that ass thread active?
    - What is the site policy on scene releases?
    - What is the site policy on samples?

It's almost too easy comparing bittorrent to a bunch of dicks.
    Last edited by Quarterquack; 08-19-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Ellipses go here.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #40
    mjmacky's Avatar an alchemist?
    I heard the staff doesn't seed well and relies on others to spread content.
    Everything is brought to you by Fjohürs Lykkewe.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast