Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quorks - First German Ratioless Tracker

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    The popular German tracker Quorks just went ratioless.

Despite numerous international trackers who dumped the ratio system a long time ago it's the first German tracker who takes this step.

Founded in 2005 Quorks is one of the oldest German trackers. It offers 22.000 active torrents. It has seen a significant growth in peers in the recent past. Many German filesharers consider it the better alternative to the vastly overseeded TS-Tracker.

You can join Quorks by invite or apply for an account in their invite IRC channel: http://quorks.net//chat/invite.php It's a Java chat so don't worry if you know nothing about IRC. For those who prefer IRC the channel is: #quorks-invite

Please notice that it's a German tracker with German content. If you don't speak or understand German it'll be of no use to you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    LubTheStaringCat's Avatar I'm curious BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Ignore this I figured out the answers to the questionnaire.
    Last edited by LubTheStaringCat; 08-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Member BT Rep: +2
    Last edited by xtonart; 01-22-2016 at 11:39 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by xtonart View Post
    only german
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    r0bkupf's Avatar Wu-Tang Killa Beez
    one of the very best german trackers right behind TS

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    It's a great tracker indeed. They invest time in security and know what they are doing, at least AFAIK. So thats a very good thing. There are shortcoming in their security model, but they can be forgiven, as any tracker of their size has to be user-friendly.

I dont share r0bkupfs view on TS being the best tracker, but it's a decision on taste. I value community higher than torrents, so my choice between TS and Quorks is Quorks. Also their staff behaves, instead of the rants I received from the TS team, when pointing out grave security issues (hell, they're DoSable, SQL-Injectable and generally not very secure)

EDIT: There was/is a practically ratioless Tracker, if you consider OnlyUpload for over two years ratiofree. Its Tracker of Gods.
    Last edited by acidrage; 08-25-2011 at 09:04 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    r0bkupf's Avatar Wu-Tang Killa Beez
    Quote Originally Posted by acidrage View Post
    I dont share r0bkupfs view on TS being the best tracker, but it's a decision on taste. I value community higher than torrents, so my choice between TS and Quorks is Quorks. Also their staff behaves, instead of the rants I received from the TS team, when pointing out grave security issues (hell, they're DoSable, SQL-Injectable and generally not very secure)
    you are right, TS staff are cunts. and i value community on trackers much more too but tbh i only use german trackers to get stuff for family and friends. thus it being my favourit

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Polarbear; 08-30-2011 at 10:14 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    it's a great tracker indeed.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    I must say ts tracker is good but staff is unfriendly and its too much hype about this site. Quorks is very userfriendly and freeeleech is good, isnt it?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast