Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sharaza Vs. Emule

just pointin out some facts from the p2p @ north west england...
    sharaza and emule r both dirt slow in-comparrision to kazaa, purely
    because of sources/queues...

kazaa is shit for quality, and the search results r far poorer then
    the other clients..

in my books, sharaza is better then emule because of torrent alone...
    altho 90% of the users im quein on 2 r edonkey users and not Gnutela
    users ne how...

which makes me wonder if its worth gettin rid of sharaza, then
    - get emule with some mod (LSD) sounds nice but i aint got
    a mfclue wat it does ^^
    - get a better torrent client like sujested above

comments? ne 1 know much about these emule mods?.de

ps, nearly every comp ive seen connect to edonkey gets lowID and
    that shitty help ping page they give u is crap

- peace

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by 3223@12 November 2003 - 00:53
    i have k-lite which i will always keep and want a second program. i got sharaza and i like that you can download torrents and stuff like that.  should i delete sharaza and get emule or no? post why or why not. what are the pros and cons?  i only want 2 programs k-lite and (sharaza or e-mule).  thanks
    i tried shazaa.didnt like it one bit.slowed my entire system down.and also had a difficult time removing it.on a scale of 1 to 10 id give it a 5.it has potential but right not because it hogs so much of your system resources i wouldnt and couldnt recommend it to anyone.stick with kazaa lite my friends.to infinity and beyond!!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Alot of the betas have been system hogs though the latest seems to be smooth on my system...

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    well i've taken the advice to heart and am trying shareaza, as i've now got adsl unlimited (yay&#33 but can't download much at all cause i'm only connecting to 3 or 4 neighbours...how do i connect to more?
    also tried emule but it says on startup that there are no servers addresses in the emule files to connect to...
    help with either or both would be appreciated...
    cheers,
    dave.

ps- i'm running norton internet security 2003, and i think it might have something to do with that but i'm not sure what...

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    you don't need to connect to more than 4 neighbours - they're like supernodes, just there for searching

i have no idea about the other problem - checkout the www.shareaza.com forum if you want help
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    ok, fair enough... finally got it working properly i think, but it says when i'm d/l that its at about 25-35Kb/s but it also says that it will take like 40hrs!! For a single cd size this doesn't sound right... what gives? is there any way to speed it up?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    muchspl2
    it tricks n00b's into thinking its downloading faster, change the kb's to KB's and you will see, that alone is a red flag too me

I tried it again, but when I opened a torrent I had already downloaded some, and changed the download folder, it didn't check the file, it put a completely new file there, whats up with that
    how come it didn't check what I had already downloaded, do you have to start the download from the beginning, and what if you don't want to complete it with sharaza, can you open another client and it recognize the proprietory file that Sharaza made

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I recommend Shareaza more that Emule , because Shareaza has a torrent, its way faster and has more descent quality files. Klite and Shareaza are so far the only two p2p i like!

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    eMule is way to slow for my likeing.

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    Originally posted by bengaltiger+20 November 2003 - 03:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bengaltiger @ 20 November 2003 - 03:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DarthInsinuate@19 November 2003 - 18:40
    If you&#39;re worried about being a damn leecher you should use eMule - Shareaza only allocates 50% of upload bandwidth to eMule and it doesn&#39;t use the credit system

the only real advantages of Shareaza are that G2 sources give it a little speed boost and you don&#39;t need a seperate client for Bittorrent
    The credit system just creates more fake files to have to thrash through? [/b][/quote]
    Could you explain that weird theory to me? What do fakes and ques have to do with each other?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast