Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Yahoo Msngr Without Admin

Does anyone know how I can install yahoo messanger on a pc without admin access. I want to install it at work. For some reason I was able to install it on a directoy but when I try to run it it wont let me.Strangely I was able to use msn messanger just fine.

Any ideas?

Any tricks out there would be appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It dpends hoe good your works secerity is. If its good you have to be a admin.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You lost me please explain.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I was trying to say it depends how good your works security is. Do you happen to know what security software it is running on. It may be novell,but its hard to tell.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Money Fist's Avatar Che-Che get the yayo
    I found that some admin policys
    ban files named setup.exe

if you can find a setup.exe file and try renaming it
    it might work
    (i know it sounds stupid)

it worked for me on my university computer

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Windows Messenger comes with XP so thats why you were able to use it.

You have few alternate solutions to installing Yahoo Messenger:
    • Yahoo has an alternate Java-enabled Messenger
      Here is the link Yahoo Messenger Lite&#33;
    • You can download the file to any directory but try installing it to the directory you have accessed to. This will be where you save your files. Your unique disk space. This will only work if they have allowed registry modification which i doubt.
    • Check if Trillian is installed. Many computers at work places and Universities have Trillian freeware version already installed.
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Well actualy about being able to install msn messanger becuase it comes with xp your right. However It is able to run both the cheap one that comes with XP and the 6.1 version that I DL from my home pc then installed it in the c: of my work. However for some odd reason I cannt seem to save anything else other then the messanger 6.1 I installed. Wierd. As far as software is concered I dont know. All I know is they are running win 2000. I will try that java link you posted however when ever I try to go to certain sites at work they are blocked so I think this one might also be blocked. I will try though. I would prefer to be able to install it directly.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    They might have taken away write permissions from you after that. I know the feeling. I don&#39;t prefer using the online version if i could find other convenient ways. In case you do use the java version, how have they blocked the sites? Might help you there in working around it
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think although my understanding is little. But I&#39;m told its on a proxy server. So I cant not acess sites like Ploboy and other fun stuff like that lol . j/k

It just says restricted access.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Proxy Buster

There are several out there to get around it. A more technical software is Proximitron which helps spiralling around the network. But it needs some advanced user settings. You should be ok with the link above.

Now you can watch playboy , lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast